Great Day for a Car Show

Just got back from our local Del Shannon Memorial Car Show. We took our burgundy TC there this year (Whitey has a blown brake line :( ) and it was a great day. Warm and muggy (85 deg)but cloudy so it was bearable.

Typically at our car show (like most) there is a small sign you fill out with the year / make / model of the car which I had filled out

:1989 / Chrysler - Maserati / TC by Maserati

I love watching people as they look at the cars. Especially the TC. I've noticed two distinct classes of people and you can usually tell which class they belong to by their reactions.

The Average car show stroller: These are the people who just like looking at cool cars. They don't pretend to have any extensive car knowledge, they are just there to have fun looking at all the cars. First they walk up and read the sign. I know because I can read their lips as say ... "Chrysler Maserati" They get a quizzical look on there face, step back and look at the emblem on the fron of the car. Their gaze goes back to the car, then back to the emblem and finally back to the car. Then they begin to circle the car looking at the interior and some of the informative info I have about the TC.

Then there's the...

Typical Car Aficionado: These are the guys and some girls, who,like most of us, feel pretty confident they can recognize any make and model by the body style and usually get the production year within a couple years.Their sequential reaction is usually: They look at the car, get that quizzical look, then they look at the front emblem...which only increases that look of confusion, then they look at the information sign on the car and you can read their lips "Chrysler Maserati TC?" Now their curiosity is peaked and they are compelled to give the car a thorough once over. :D I always get a few of these people that will come up and ask questions about the car.

We had also taken my father-in-laws 1973 Mach I Mustang there to help him try and sell it. Even with a for sale sign in the 'Stang' we still got more questions about the TC :D don'tcha just love it1! :D

Guest MB91560

I am new to is, I live in Norman,Oklahoma and need help with a 1989 TC ,2.2L 16valve,DOHC, 5 speed box.yellow and the ECU#4425209 is bad.Thanks MB

Guest donny612

I wasn't at a car show this Saturday, but I had taken a drive to Oriental, NC Saturday evening, and the wife and I were hanging out at a park by the river. I had parked right next to the river and when we came back to the car there must have been 8 or 10 of the locals (mostly retirees) sitting in front of my TC and they all wanted to know just what it was. So I guess I did have a mini show myself...HA! It's nice to have a car that isn't run-of-the-mill. :)

I am new to is, I live in Norman,Oklahoma and need help with a 1989 TC ,2.2L 16valve,DOHC, 5 speed box.yellow and the ECU#4425209 is bad.Thanks MB

Click on this link MB, this member has a ECU for sale

http://forums.aaca.org/f144/some-parts-sale-284693.html

Feel free to "start a new thread" and tell us about your car, some history and what it is doing. This is a much better way for us to help. Welcome:)

Alan

Guest MB91560

I got this TC here in OK. for $500.00 , VIN# ZC2FR1100KB-----. The man said he could not make it start . the TC is mostly complete , The ECU has a hole burned in the #2 board. The right cornering lens is gone and my parts list it as included with headlamp assy. Also the left park/signal has a hole in the lens. But all the ECU suppliers are out of this part# 4425209 and can not fix the one I have .

Guest donny612
There was a professional photog there for both the Friday night cruise and the car show on Saturday... Here's his pics online Would you believe out of over 580 pics, there are none of my TC.. lol . I think he is still posting more, so we'll wait and see if we show up :D

I just looked...still no TC pictures but there was a picture of an Izetta. Pretty much the first "Smartcar"... I remember them from the '60's and they don't look much better now. LOL!:)

Guest MB91560

Rick has a SMEC for my TC . I got the TC because the SMEC logic card is bad and the man couldn't fix it. But can some one tell me what to look out for before I plug in Rick's SMEC. I have a 1989 repair manual coming soon. I live in Oklahoma and would like to meat OK .TC people . I am in the OK. Mercedes club for years I have 1983 380SL, 1984 380SL, 1985 500SEC, 1991 560SEC,1989 TC. I do all most the repairs on my cars . I have got a lot of e-mails and I would like thank you. I know I will need help with my TC. Bob:)