Anybody want a 60 Electra 2 dr HT or a 57 Roadmaster 2 dr HT Project ?

Guest BJM

I "agreed" to purchase too many cars. The 60 Electra 2 door hardtop is located SE of greater Dallas (I think) in a place called Caldwell Texas. It is complete, straight, sunburnt and fairly rare as it is a top of the line Electra "bubbletop" for 1960, Price I got them down to $300.

Also I negotiated to purchase a 57 Roadmaster 2 door hardtop out of Wisconsin somewhere for $550.00.

Yikes. It never happens this way, well Ok all the time but if anyone needs a project car here you go.

As some know, my gas tank got damaged during an after-tour of the BCA and that has set me back a grand, or else I would be getting both of these. I still might, but wouldn't mind letting one go.

can i assume the '60 is real rough?

Well, I only got one photo which I have already deleted from my email. It shows a straight, surface rusted car that originally came from Coloroado. It's a one family owned car, off the road since 2000ish.

It has a lot of potential. It would need everything redone. My point is on either car is for the 1960 especially getting it down to $300 is crusher price. And with all due and intended respect to all the four door sedan owners out there, this is the flagship series 2 door hardtop, not a LeSabre post sedan (which in my opinion, would still make it an interesting decision)

Since I have decided to purchase and made and had the offer accepted, it would be "awkward" to have someone else get involved so this is probably best to have me send them the money, formally purchase it then if you want it, let me know and you can pick it up.

If I had not had the $1000 gas tank fiasco, I would get both.

Bruce,

I backed up over a fence post stake (metal) that was being used to denote "NOT" where to back up. I ran over the stake, bent it accordingly then when I went forward it went straight up into my plastic 2004 Pontiac gas tank and also took out the fuel pump and sending unit.

And that's how you blow a $1000 on a repair. Yes I had insurance but my deductible is $500 and there is some things they did not cover.

Oh well.