Unidentified bumper jack from 1930s

Guest 24 Chev Delux

Guest 24 Chev Delux

Would like to find out the correct application of this jack. It is 25 inches tall. 5 inch square base. Has few numbers on cast mechanism but hard to read. Looks like 11- ?-166, before that has R&H or H&H. Mechanism has slot for extension hand crank handle. Thanks, Dave.

post-59711-143138276347_thumb.jpg

Looks to me like something for a 1938-40+ something. An early to mid 30's car bumper probably would not hold up well with that jack since a lot of cars had the split face bar setup then.

Looks very similar to what I have seen with 1936 Chevrolet's. They had a hook device ; hard to find; that attached to the from and back bumpers. The jack pressed against the bracket to list the car. When I had a set of the brackets I wish I would have known how hard they were to find. I would have had a bunch made.

• 1 year later...

I've seen a similar jack listed on ebay as a 1937 Hudson. I have the same jack also also ( base is slightly different ) and am looking for more info too.

Kiser31 you are right on the money per the time frame. I've seen this corkscrew post style show up only in the late 30's.

• 2 years later...