Gardner Car Enthusiasts to meet at Hershey Fall Meet

Guest pre40

Guest prewar40

The 2nd gathering of Gardner Car Enthusiasts will be held Friday Oct 8, 2010 at the Hershey Fall meet. Swap space RWF 1 thru 5.

The 1st gathering was in 2008 and about 14 people attended.

Two cars are expected to be on display.

Details at www.gardnermotorcars.com

Have a Gardner or just an interest and are unable to attend write me and I'll let you know how it turns out. You can also use the above link to list your car with the Gardner Registry.

rdg105@comcast.net - Plan to attend; please let me know.

Edited by prewar40 (see edit history)

Well, what a coincidence! I found this photo of a Gardner "Radio Special" car in an antique shop today at lunchtime. Looks brand new and shiny. The wrench was found by my honey in an old run down garage

post-37352-143138275148_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138275157_thumb.jpg

Guest prewar40

I had listed the wrong swap space - The correct one is RWF 1-5. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the picture, that is a 1924 or 1925 model.

I remember working on Bill Oexle's Gardner Roadster back in the 1970's. Great car that went on to win a First Junior at Hershey, he later sold it to Bill Harrah. it sold at one of the auctions after Bill Harrah passed away, wonder were it is today? There is a spare Gardner chassis here in town last time I looked.

Guest prewar40

I know who now owns the Bill Oexle's Gardner Roadster. He attended the Gardner event 2 years ago and will probably be there this year. I'm sure he would like to meet you and talk about his car. Will you be at Hershey?

Do you know if that extra chassis is still available?

• 1 month later...
Guest prewar40

I've heard from a number of Gardner owners that will attend!! Two years ago we had 14 Enthusiasts, we'll do even better this time. Also a fully restored 1926 Imperial Sedan (eight-in-line) is for sale and located just 75 miles from Hershey. - Details at the Gathering.