New Regal

Mudbone

• 3 months later...
Yes, Opel Insignia
Opel almost won ww2 when it gave the tecno. to Hitler for the Messerschmidt that made the aircraft 100 miles an hour faster than anything at the time, The wish then was to rebadge I bet?

And your point is??
I as a Reliability Auditor Retired,would like to see History corrected and after Regal is resurrected in Canada as it has been a North American Car built in Canada for years 1988 was my last involvement in Oshawa Pilot with Buick Regal .The Fact it has found its development in Opel for this run still makes it a GM production car. Thank you Larry for history in GM, was under A.P.Sloan lost when he was accused of aiding Hitler. With the Opel Engineering that killed so many Canadians English and Polish. The USA was to get into this war after and too had losses because of this Engineering. Point added

P.M.O., what does the Opel Insignia today have to do with WW II? That is the point in question. Have you and I worked together? I spent a fair amount of time in Oshawa on the launch of the 88 Regal and other work at the main office of GM of Canada. I am probably limited to knowledge of GM history, but I also retired from GM with 36+ years and my family was working for Buick when Billy Durant was running the show at GM.

P.M.O., what does the Opel Insignia today have to do with WW II? That is the point in question. Have you and I worked together? I spent a fair amount of time in Oshawa on the launch of the 88 Regal and other work at the main office of GM of Canada. I am probably limited to knowledge of GM history, but I also retired from GM with 36+ years and my family was working for Buick when Billy Durant was running the show at GM.
Larry we may have crossed paths I was working for Reliability in Body in white but later became P.D.T rep for Buick and Lumina both plant one and two. I retired in 1993 I have been interested in GM of Canada History from when I delivered Sam McLaughlin's Globe and Mail in 1953. The History of GM is vast but it started with Durant and Oshawa. I do not know if, A. Thom and J. Franks are names that you know but my work in Detroit was giving them a rep with Engineering. Opel was GM in Germany prior to WW2 and because the USA was not in this war at this time Opel gave the fuel injection information for the Messerschmidt giving Germany a craft that was 100 miles an hour faster than any air craft of the day. The amount of destruction this plane did was investigated by the USA and A.P.Sloan at the time was thought to be a collaborator with Hitler,Sloan did not like his President but was not found to be a Collaborator.This is GM History, most Regal, Royal names have been Empire names. and you will find built in the British Empire.

• 3 weeks later...

In Britain, the nameplate is Vauxhall . . . but the same car. There's a YouTUBE video of a "TopGear" drive test of the Vauxhall. Drive train differences for the particular markets, plus probably chassis tuning changes between the USA and Euro versions.

Happy Holidays!

NTX5467