11th Annual South Central Regional Meet Hosted by Alamo Chapter, BCA

old-tank

MEET INFORMATION

11th Annual South Central Regional Meet

Hosted by Alamo Chapter, BCA

Fredericksburg Inn and Suites, Fredericksburg, Texas

October 15 – 17, 2010

Party time during a very pleasant time of year in Texas. You will get to meet lots of nice people, share stories (even lies). Just relax or 'shop till you drop'. Oh, by the way there will be cars there, Buicks of course! Maybe even a nailhead powered Ford truck and/or a straight eight powered open wheel roadster. There might even be a few (choke! gasp!) "Trailer Queens" that I always look forward to seeing. There will be no formal hospitality suite, but the town is full of good food and brew.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A bunch of us normally get together, have a few adult beverages and then go eat German food on Friday night. Dont want to miss that.....

I will be there middle of the afternoon or so.

Weather this weekend will be absolutley beautiful Highs in the mid 80's with cool nights.

Edited by Bill Stoneberg (see edit history)

I was planning on taking the '39 but a recent developement of a gas tank concern means it will stay in the garage and the white 1991 Reatta convertible will make the trip.

Like Bill said, the weather looks great.

OK, trucks all tuned (AC is dead :mad: ) trailer hooked up, Rita's got her hat and we're all ready ready to go. Will leave Athens 6:00 am with first stop in Tyler TX in early evening. Spend the night there and hopefully load up the Starliner early Friday morning (Willis, the Starliner is a hardtop, the Sunliner is the convertible)and head to Taylor. Unload the Ford there, pick up a big ass vice for to bring back to Brad54 and then head to F'burg. Hope to see all the Texzas Rode Waryers and everybody late afternoon. :D

Guest wildcat465

Man, I wish I could go. I am sure you guys will have fun though.

I think I should try to drag Thriller down next year. Up for a road trip Derek?

Ben, sorry to hear about your loss, it was a pleasure to meet you in Ames. Your family will be on our prayer list.

Mr. Earl . . . my indiscretion, but they are all "flat finned" anyway. The Starliner roofline was something that NASCAR didn't like, back then, compared to the more normal "notchback" rooflines. That Starliner wouldn't have a 360 horse 352 would it?? Or perhaps the more normal 300 horse 352 or that 'ol 292 2bbl?

ENjoy!

NTX5467

I think I should try to drag Thriller down next year. Up for a road trip Derek?

Well, Mr. Stoneberg sends me a note every spring reminding me of the bluebonnet tour...I think I may fly down to that one sooner, but it is a bit early to tell. Of course, if you keep me bouncing around, I'm less likely to be able to buy more cars...there's more opportunity, but it's less practical if I'm on the road.

One of these years I'm going to have to figure out how to maximize the Buick tour time and maybe spend a couple weeks hitting different weekend shows. I'm told Hershey has to happen at some point as well.

Ben - you and your family have our condolences.

I'll be coming saturday morning to see the cars. I didn't register a car but I want to see if my 60 Electra will at least take me there. I've got only about a 100 miles on a tranny R&R to fix a leak. It will be a white 4-door if I make it but it won't be shown.

I hope to meet some of you there,

I'll be coming saturday morning to see the cars. I didn't register a car but I want to see if my 60 Electra will at least take me there. I've got only about a 100 miles on a tranny R&R to fix a leak. It will be a white 4-door if I make it but it won't be shown.

I hope to meet some of you there,

When you get there sign up and put it in the show...it looks like a few others will register on Sat. morning. We look forward to seeing you.

Willie

Mike, I made it to Austin yesterday evening and I've got a tile job to do here at my sister-in-law's place. The '60 made it in style without a hitch. I'll drop down on Hwy 1 to 290 west tomorrow morning, hopefully for 9am arrival. I have never shown a car before so someone can show me the ropes and I'll gladly register when I get there. I tried to post with my Blackberry last night but couldn't - if someone knows the trick, pass it on.

Anyways, thanks so much and we'll see you tomorrow morning.

It was a GREAT day to enjoy Buicks and visiting with Buick friends!

NTX5467

Yes it was.

I enjoyed myself, even though I had to leave early. It was nice meeting Joel and hanging out with Mr. Earl.

It's always fascinating talking with Willis in person, he's not just smart on the forum :).

I also had the chance to bring along the future of the BCA. Woody liked the cars, but unfortunately, his "best of show" was the "green car with the hood up"...a 1936 Oldsmobile. D'oh! Oh well, keep it GM, son.

Thanks guys for the show, next year, I will try to stay longer.

Well I made it back to Katy tonight and the Electra never missed a beat. That was a great time for me and I've never met a bunch of more likeable people. So Pete says I won an award? I was not expecting that. I really enjoy driving that car, knowing its not a great deal different than it was just 50 years ago. I've been reminded several times by people on this board to keep the car original and so far I've listened but I had to learn to appreciate that good advice.

I wish I could have stayed longer and brought my wife but I just feel fortunate to have been able to go. All it cost me was a floor tile job which is needs to be left for the younger guys. Thanks again,

What about the cars under Mr Earl's butt, pictures please!

Either:

1) everybody enjoyed the German food and beer too much to take pics.

2) nobody had "film" in their cameras.

3) they were as lazy as I am and don't bring cameras with them.

Mr Earl had some sort of lint on the back of his pants and his butt looked like a bug-spattered hood ornament.

Either:

1) everybody enjoyed the German food and beer too much to take pics.

2) nobody had "film" in their cameras.

3) they were as lazy as I am and don't bring cameras with them.

Mr Earl had some sort of lint on the back of his pants and his butt looked like a bug-spattered hood ornament.

I was waiting to compare to Willis' bug spatterd car but Mike just cant wait.....

What a bunch of pre-school jack asses. So that's why Mike wanted to point out some inspection stamps on my new Special. I had just gotten all that crud on me from rolling around the parking lot under my truck trying to figure out where the hell the big puddle of antifreeze was coming from. Talkin about gettin a man when he's down on his luck. sheeeze....Sure glad I didn't drive 2400 miles, spend an hour sitting on Loop 1 in Austin in quittin time traffic with no AC and another hour on I-285 coming back into Atlanta just to get picked on by a bunch of pre schoolers. No siree, thanks to Pete Phillips (the only sane one there) I got me a great one owner, 63,000 actual miles, solid as can be 54 Special 2 door hard top out of the trip. Oh and I also won a pretty nice door prize too, a very nice set of Craftsman tools. Oh and I also won the Farthest Driven Award also. So Mike,and whomever was taking the pictures with the well hidden camera, this is for you. :mad::rolleyes::D

download6041106.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Actually . . . the "gunk" on his pants came from the front seat of his "new" car, after he'd been sitting it, firing it up for all to hear (it DID start right up and ran quiet and smooooth!!). As he was leaning over the front grille, the "hood ornament" comment was made and then some things just happened--all in good fun.

Glad you and Lady Rita made it home safely!

Take care,

NTX5467

Thanks for the kind words Willis, at least there's one nice guy in the crowd. :rolleyes:;):D.

All kiddin aside, even with the radiator leaking and threatening to leave us stranded somewhere on I-10 on the way home, Rita and I had the time of our lives. This was the first road trip she has made with me and she loved it. She enjoyed shopping with the girls and came in handy at the banquet talking the next table over out of the Riviera center piece. She's good at taking care of me like that.:) (just wait til I show her the 'butt' picture, somebody's gonna be in trouble if they ever meet her at another meet).

We stopped by Willie and Mary Ann's on the way to 10 and was treated to some great barbecue, got to see and ride in Buford and scavenged some parts for the new Special. (THANKS WILLIE)

And just as Willis said it might, the water in the radiator seemed to "find it's level" and we made it home with no radiator blow ups.

And yes Pete that is one solid body on the Special you sold me. I can't thank you enough. Too bad it didn't get enough votes to make the top ten but she was still proud to wear the registration sheet on her windshield. :)

I was cleaning my car Saturday morning and there was a gentleman sitting across from me with a pad and a pen doodling (I thought). I walked over to talk to him and he was sketching a picture of my 47 (the red one above). I was amazed and talked to him a while. Turns out he is a pilot and an artist and was just waiting on his wife and kid to get ready. Anyway he let me take a picture of the sketch. I wish my brain worked this way.

post-30710-143138331544_thumb.jpg