1955-56 Convertible Frame Diagram Needed

X-Frame

Someone was gracious enough to provide me with a nice quality scan of the 1957 Chevy Convertible frame with dimensions from a Motor's Crash Book. But wonder if anyone can provide me with one showing the 1955-56 convertible frame which is slightly different? Much Appreciated!

Eric

Seeing that it looks like the X section is the same between the 1955-1957 models (can someone confirm that?), I can probably just photoshop the two to make the 1955-1956 Convertible frame diagram using the X brace from the 1957 sent to me? Does that sound right... or can someone supply me with an actual 55-56 Conv. scan? Thanks!

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I am the only person participating in this thread? Guess I will have better luck on a Chevy forum... huh?

In the mean time I did create my own 1955-56 Chevy Convertible frame chart with dimensions. Can't tell the difference from the ones in the books - quite proud of the results after a bit of artistic work and photoshop using the 1957 convertible frame and editing the parts that are 1955-56 unique - mostly from front weels forward. Would post a copy here but suspect no one is interested going by the thread history.

Eric