1922 Studebaker Special Six

Hi B

Just stumbled across your restoration, I am in the process of putting a 1923 light six tourer back together that has been in the family since new. It was in a whole heap worse condition than yours by the look of it.

But can sympathise with your struggles, all the best.

Regards

Guy

NSW, Australia

Hi Guy, How lucky to have your car in your family since new!! What I'd give if my Stude had been my grandfather's...WOW, I'd sure feel lucky. Good luck with your restoration. Why not start your own thread showing your restoration. I'm sure everyone here would love to see it... take care, B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, due to rain, everything sort of halted....Not evey close to a roof, much to my sorrowl Then, there was a wonderful trip to this little town in Pennsylvania where I met many great people and had the best time I've had in a loooooong time. I didn't find many parts, but got some great old tools.

I met many new people, people I've talked with on here, or the phone and then, old friends... Then, on Saturday, I had the honor of judging! All in all, how could you beat such a week?!?!?!? And to top it all off, the weather was beautiful all week.

Bernie, I hope you can come over next year for Hershey. Oh, and it's raining here again today...B

Hi B

I am sorry much as I would like to come to visit again that 18 hour flight across the Pacific is something that I really don't want to do a second time. I have found in recent years that Swap-meets are something I can live without. Perhaps I am just becoming a grumpy old man.

oldcar

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's not been raining so much, and I've been able to get some work done. Here's a picture. I can't get far enough away to take a good picture. Hopefully, the weather won't get too cold now so I can get on with the work...B

post-48053-143138704224_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, believe it or not, I've not been sitting around doing nothing. Here is the latest picture of the garage, taken today. Hopefully it won't be much longer, but, seems like the weather has not been with me. Every time I've turned around, seems like we've had rain, extreme heatwaves, or cold cold. It's been really nice working weather lately and I'm hoping it will stay comfortable for working for a long time. I just looked at the weather forecast, and they're saying rain next week.... I can hope for very light rain, and maybe not much. Oh well, can't do nuthin' 'bout it.. y'all take care...B

post-48053-143138740804_thumb.jpg

Guest Barn Hunter

Hi -

I'm brand new to the board tonight. I found a '22 Studebaker that looks like yours and would like to get an idea what to pay for it. Motor is out. I tried to add a 2.5 mb jpg but upload failed....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, it's been quite a while since I posted on here, but things have been going on. Parts had to be made and found for the motor, which is being rebuilt now, and the garage is finally getting shingles.

I've had some medical problems, but I've got some great new doctors who have me on track. I also purchased a new, well new to me, 1955 Buick Roadmaster, so that has taken some time also. More to come when it happens, B

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, it's been over a year since I added to this thread. In adding on the new section of the garage, I slipped two

discs and tore my rotator cuff. I've had surgery on the rotator cuff and I'm dared to touch anything in the garage for

another 2 months.

I do piddle on small things, like the vacuum tank, since it's so light. I'm ready to drive it!!!

• 6 months later...

I work on the car when I can, with heart and back problems, some days are slower than usual.  I've largely got the body primed and about half of the chassis cleaned and primed.  I'd send pictures but due to a breakin, I have no longer have a camera or phone...

Edited by Earl B.
spelling (see edit history)

• 1 month later...