Trucking Museum in Middlebury, CT - sad news

stock_steve

I was forwarded a link to a recent Old Cars Weekly news article that reports the upcoming closure of The Golden Age of Trucking Museum, located just off of I-84, Exit #16, in Middlebury, CT (ref: The Golden Age of Trucking Museum).

The link to the news story is below:

Old Cars Weekly - Golden Age of Trucking Museum to close

Sad news about this most wonderful institution.

VERY SAD NEWS. That Museum had everything going for it IMO, easy on/off from the Interstate, a collection built with a PASSION for the vehicles, and what I thought was an endowment that would allow it to live on. Like many local historical sites, I think the general public just never knew it was there. It was a state of the art building designed for the truck collection, but did have NON truck items on display as well. I do hope they can reorganize things and keep it going. R.J.Guerrera started with ONE Peterbilt trailer dump truck in the 1960's hauling fill for the Route 7 extention in Norwalk, Ct. I got to ride with him one day, sure was fun for a High School kid! I was always impressed to later see his fleet of tanker trucks running around. He lived The American Dream. Bob

Guest trucking_fan

Hi all,

It is sad that the museum will close on July 20. A farewell cruise night is taking place that evening, but it may not have to be a farewell if the museum can find enough sponsors.

Someone from a trucking company expressed interest in being a sponsor, as long as other companies/organizations/etc. join in, for a collaborative effort. I have no affiliation with the museum, other than being a fan.

Hoping for a miracle!

Guest trucking_fan

As they say, it ain't over 'till it's over! I'm hoping something miraculous happens.

One way for those of us without deeper pockets to help is listed on the trucking museum's website:

If you have been to

The Golden Age of Trucking Museum and believe that we are worth saving...

Please call:

President Obama 202-456-1111

Governor Rell 860-566-4840,

Congressman Murphy 860-223-8412,

Senator Dodd 860-258-6940,

Senator Kane 860-240-8800,

Representative D'Amelio 860-240-8700

Please ask them to help us!

Your calls of support for $$ will help!

http://www.goldenagetruckmuseum.com/

Guest trucking_fan

Beggars can't be choosers. Also, the collection would not be scattered about for people to view, because people owned the vehicles and loaned them to the museum.