1948 RM 82K mi. rare 3-speed

Pete Phillips

1948 Roadmaster, former Pate Museum car, in Texas since new, no rust ever, rock solid floors & rockers, 82,000 miles, fairly rare 3-speed stick shift, one of the last mechanical lifter 320 straight eights, one of the last standard shift Roadmasters; car was built on the first day of 1948 production. This car is incredibly dependable, never fails to start, usually on the first try. All gauges work, I just adjusted the lifters and they are so quiet you can barely hear the engine idle; includes over $1500 worth of new parts and literature. Has recent battery, water pump, new hoses & fan belt, cleaned fuel tank, reupholstered front seat with correct material; probably will have the back seat finished before car sells. Good transmission, clutch, wide whitewall tires; brake system has been rebuilt recently (master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brake hoses). Paint is so-so and should be redone. Radio not working. Car was originally all black. Everything lines up nicely and closes easily. I don't think there has ever been any bodywork done. I know it could use a new RF king pin and I have a new one to be installed. Can deliver this Roadmaster to the BCA National Meet in Ames, Iowa later this month. I took it out for a nice drive today. Driver's door is not closed all the way in left photo. $7500.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

pphillips922@earthlink.net

post-32059-143138247777_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138247785_thumb.jpg