54 Olds disk brake kit?

Guest 54ing

Guest 54ing

Can anyone point me to a disk brake upgrade kit for a 54 Olds. Sources, plus's, minus's, cost, quality.....anything you can tell me is helpful.

I'd also like to retain the 5x5 bolt pattern to match the back if possible.

I'm looking to do this mod this winter. thanks

Guest Bob Call

Hot rod suppy companies have what you need. Check with Fat Man Fabracations Fatman Fabrications. Also you might try Heidt's Hot Rod Shop Heidts Hot Rod & Muscle Car Parts - Suspension Systems, Camaro, Chevy, Ford, Disc Brakes, Superide and Classic Performance Products Disc Brake, Steering and Suspension Products for classic Chevy and Ford cars and trucks. Cost for aconversion kit will probably be in the range of $600 to $800. I consider that cost cheap for the safety improvement of disc brakes.

Guest Mocephus

www.scarebird.com They have disc brake conversion kits for the full size Olds from 1940-1970. I am currently installing their kit on my 68 Delta 88 Holiday Coupe. They supply the bracketry and tell you what rotors and calipers to get (off-the-shelf parts). Example, the kit for my car uses 69-72 Cutlass calipers (readily available).

The quality of the brackets looks VERY nice. Once I'm done, I'll do a write-up here about it with pics. Oh, and the bolt pattern was retained, 5x5.

Looks like the brackets for your car run about $165. No, I do not work for them....

Edited by Mocephus (see edit history)

So what happens if you want to show your vehicle?? Points deduction? disqualification? I don't think there is a modified catagory in AACA is there? or possibly Driver Participation Class? Speaking of the Driver Participation Class, are cars that have aluminum aftermarket cylinder heads allowed? because the cars with high compression iron heads don't work very well on this gasoline they were never designed for. Anyone out there please help.:confused:

Don