For Trade 1914 Overland Roadster

OK, here’s the deal. I’m wondering what someone may be willing to trade for my unrestored but roadworthy 1914 Overland roadster. I dearly love this car, but it is simply not a practical tour car, now that we have a family.

Some details about the car:

1914 Overland roadster. Four cylinder 35 hp. Three-speed sliding gear transaxle. Thermo-syphon cooling. The magneto was replaced with an Atwater-Kent distributor system, probably in the late teens. The original starter and generator have been rebuilt and work great. When I bought the car, it had a 1919 Ontario license plate, which I suspect could have been the last time it was licensed. The original top has had a piece of canvas tacked over it to make it mildly serviceable (at least for shade), and the original side curtains are there.

We have had a lot of fun with this car, having driven it around 1000 miles since I bought it in 2003. It has been to Hershey for HPOF class, and it was honoured as the Best Original Car at Greenfield Village’s Old Car Festival.

I would be interested in hearing trade offers—here’s what I have in mind. I’d like an open-front brass 5-passenger touring car of 30+ hp. I’d be a bit flexible on these criteria for the right car. Older restorations that are still mechanically strong for touring would be fine. I need a driver.

This is a truly exceptional car. Those who appreciate untouched originals will love it. In my biased opinion, its proportions are perfect for a roadster of this period. For more photos, pleas visit the www.hccaontario.ca photo gallery, and check the “Overlands” album. Questions? Contact Ian Hayhurst at ihayhurs@yahoo.ca or 905-649-6734 6pm-9pm Eastern Time.

post-36987-143138240101_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...