How many on here own a 1928 or 1929 Dodge Victory 6???

Guest Buick1908

Guest Buick1908

How many on this site own a Dodge Brothers Victory 6??? Just thought i would try and find out who else on this forum has one. Tell us all what you have. Here is a photo of my 1928 Dodge Victory 6 four door sedan.

Lets see yours!!!!!

Thanks for everything, Andrew.

post-64243-143138237499_thumb.jpg

Thats a pretty car, is that a trunk on the rear? Did your car come with any of the original tools. Do you have an owners manual ? Mine is a 29/30 DA six.

Guest Buick1908

Thanks for the compliment. It didnt come with any of the tools but someday I hope to get a set. Yes that is a trunk on the back, It really adds a lot to the look of the car. I do not have an owners manual. I thought someone said that there were no owners manuals that came out for the car.

This car will need an engine overhaul, brakes redone and it needs to be rewired. But other than those LITTLE things this car is in great condition.

I bought this off of ebay out of Lees Summit Missouri. It was running when I brought it home, but now it is sitting in the garage waiting its turn.

Post some photos of your car.

Thanks from Nebraska, Andrew.

Your car did originally come with an owners manual, service manuals were not avail for these cars. Is the trunk steel or wood/cloth covered, better pict. of the trunk including the inside would be helpfull. Thanks

post-48869-143138238276_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138238278_thumb.jpg

Guest John1918

Hi Andrew, Here's a photo of my 1928 Vic 6 and like yours it is the first (narrow doors) body. A great car (RHD model), I love to drive it. John

post-45637-14313823857_thumb.jpg

Cant see in the pics, but on the radiator shroud it clearly says 'Dodge 6'.

Its a 392 with a 4 speed from a GTX or something like that.

And no Chevy 350 like everybody seems to like to use. Although I did use a Corvette front suspension clip. The headlites are 29 and 30 Chev as well.

Ford rear end...

What a bastard it is. Gets a few trophys though.

Guest Buick1908

John1918 - What does RHD Model stand for???

1930 - I will get you pictures of the trunk. Its is steel and it folds out to make a small truck like bed.

• 6 months later...
Cant see in the pics, but on the radiator shroud it clearly says 'Dodge 6'....

Hey Jack - Show us a photo of that car when you first acquired it! (Hopefully a "one foot in the crusher" - "I saved it from the scrap heap" version of the original Dodge. Then "all will be forgiven". :rolleyes: ) :D

(BTW: I like the "rust" colored printing you used in the first post. Really matches the car well!)

Edited by 1936 D2 (see edit history)

Guest maynard

I have 3 28 Dodges, all 4dr. Sorry no pictures. One is a standard 6 this has manual brakes. Am looking for origional driver side rear bumper for this one. one is a early 28 victory,this has the wood running boards. steel spoked wheels , this would be the 140 series. The other is a 141 series this had mohair interer ,clock mirrow, 21in. wood spoke wheels . the hood is a bit taller & the doors a bit longer. When buying body parts ,always check these items.

Maynard

OK, Here is a pic of the car when it was offered to me. (the guy kept the wheels and engine, an LA engine) Then a pic that the seller had from some previous owner (farm auction) . Somebody had it chopped (not a bad job) then some one that didnt know what they were doing put some aftermarked front straight axel in it. It steered backwards. Then they ran into the problem of mounting the body back on. The lower skirt of the body was rotted away, hence they couldnt bolt the body back to the frame. It sat in a storage yard for several years where a bunch of the original parts were stolen and finally put up for sale as-was.

I put quite a bit of effort into finding the storage yard in Wyoming where it was stored but none of the phone numbers worked any more and the name and address on the title were not current so what I had was 'as-was'.

A lot of fun, not quite one foot in the crusher but since I could not find any other history or previous owners I only have what the seller sold me.

There is a guy near me that has one of these that is near stock. He likes to frequent some of the same shows that I do and we have a lot of fun with each other.

My car is registered as a 28 Dodge and gets down the road pretty good.

I am also going to put up a pic that I took a couple of years ago that lets you see that it is indeed that same car that was in the Montana farm auction in 03. Compare the paint on the passenger side door.

post-52542-143138392758_thumb.jpg

post-52542-143138392759_thumb.jpg

post-52542-14313839276_thumb.jpg

post-52542-143138392763_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi I have 2 28 vic 6 model 130

one is almost complete. and the parts car is not that bad. Hope to have on the road this summer. Chassis complete and is driveable. Well not on the road as i have to sit on a bucket. But it does run under its own power.

Hi I have 2 28 vic 6 model 130

one is almost complete. and the parts car is not that bad. Hope to have on the road this summer. Chassis complete and is driveable. Well not on the road as i have to sit on a bucket. But it does run under its own power.

Cool! We would love to see photos of them.

Jack M, pretty sure I have at least 100 pict. of that car you show in the top left hand corner, I knew the guy that was parting it out and bought alot of stuff from him. I have that identical pict. ( although much clearer) and at least as I said 99 others if you are interested. Dont know how long you have had that car but this guy owned it with the last 10 years or less.

Jason,

This is interesting. Was his name Frank?

I would be interested in seeing some of what you have.

You wouldnt still have the bumpers and related brackets would you?

Kevin B, (above) and I are friends and he is going to take a look thru his stuff for some bumpers as well.

I bought the car early '08.

One thing I figured out about putting together hot rods is that if you take the paint shop out of the mix it takes about 5 years off of the project. I doubt I will ever have another car painted.

His name was Keith, I have a pict. of that car sitting in front of same building with same wheels and it was among all these other pics of similar car with different wheels. This car is obviousely a DA and it is what all of the pict. taken were of. I dont know where this guy got your pic from and never took enough time until now ( that you asked ) to look at these views and see that he sent me a couple different car photos for some reason.

Bumpers are getting tougher to find and even if I did Id hold onto them until I found someone that was doing a resto and needed them no offense, I dont care what you do with your cars since they are your cars.

I do know where there is a VERY nice solid set of Victory Bumpers front and rears, medallions and all still on the car but they are all overseas in Uraguay and the shipping and cost of the items are pretty high.

Id persoanlly find a set of whatevers and use them, there is a couple of nice bumpers on e-pay right now, dont know what they fit but are listed under 192* dodge but are not Dodge. Since original might not be as important to you

post-48869-143138393646_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

His name was Keith, I have a pict. of that car sitting in front of same building with same wheels and it was among all these other pics of similar car with different wheels. This car is obviousely a DA and it is what all of the pict. taken were of. I dont know where this guy got your pic from and never took enough time until now ( that you asked ) to look at these views and see that he sent me a couple different car photos for some reason.

Bumpers are getting tougher to find and even if I did Id hold onto them until I found someone that was doing a resto and needed them no offense, I dont care what you do with your cars since they are your cars.

I do know where there is a VERY nice solid set of Victory Bumpers front and rears, medallions and all still on the car but they are all overseas in Uraguay and the shipping and cost of the items are pretty high.

Id persoanlly find a set of whatevers and use them, there is a couple of nice bumpers on e-pay right now, dont know what they fit but are listed under 192* dodge but are not Dodge. Since original might not be as important to you

You guys are talking about two different cars. Clearly, the car that Jack M has is a 1928 Victory Six. Clearly, the shot that Jason posted is a DA with a superimposed engine and tires photoshopped in. The chopped top on Jason's posted photo is also a "photoshop" job.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I pointed out in my last thread that the car I was showing was not the same car, now that I look at my pict. I can see what youmean my photoshopped, I never noticed that. Dont know what happened to that car, prob. is a Toyota now

I pointed out in my last thread that the car I was showing was not the same car, now that I look at my pict. I can see what youmean my photoshopped, I never noticed that. Dont know what happened to that car, prob. is a Toyota now

Oh...I missed the "similar car" part. ...sorry.

Huh,

I bought my car from a guy named Frank in Sheridan Wyoming.

There had been more than one guy working on it as the quality of work was not consistent.

It was an Ebay deal, kind of funny though. When I went over there to pick it up he would not meet me. He left the title in the mail box and the car in front of his shop. It was a carburator shop if I remember correctly, right on a main drag. He was around close somwhere as I did talk to him on the phone, but I just picked it up and left.

I copied the title before I transfered it and I just dug it out. Franks name is not on it. The guys name on the title is Tom, It shows that Tom titled it in Sept of 04 and he signed it off in Jan of 07.

I sent my payment to Frank in Feb of 08.

I will not soon forget the drive to pick it up. I was racing in Las Vegas the last weekend of February, (it snowed there but thats another story). I sent my racecar home with a friend and took the long way home. Lots of ice and snow, Almost had to have my motorhome towed out of a rest area as it was solid ice and I had a hard time getting moving. Several hundred miles of white knuckle driving on that trip with my trailer in tow.

Frank did have a couple of other old cars around his shop, I remember an old Ford roadster that looked pretty fun. I did not see any works in progress, just field finds and such.

Jason,

As for bumpers you are correct, doesnt really matter but it would be nice to find a set of originals so I dont have to remember what I got them from. I will take a look at E-pay...

Heres one listing # and this is the other, 250749048371. I have some great pict and some detailed pics of that Victory six bumpers in Uraguay and if you are interested I can e-mail them to you. I cannot seem to download them here, the guy over there sent them to me in a strange way and I had a heck of a time even opening them. I had to go to the local comp. shop and they had to download them for me and placed them on a disk.

By the way I used to drive a semi cross country, I can remember at times the trailer ( 53 ft ) coming around on me, I know white knuckles and I will never forget those times either.

Paid close to a thousand for the one that I was in need of. Shipping costs were nearly half that if you are talking about the bumpers overseas.

The guy searched for months, I was paying him some amount for travel expenses ect. Yours is already found but Id still expect 6-7.

I just sent a bumper to Aust, cost the guy 4-5, think closer to 5, cant remember exactely.

Hi Kevin,

Just another toy. It has a Lycoming V-12 in it that I got running after sitting for 25 years. I am in hopes that it will quit smoking. I have it fairly dependable now but still only have driven it about 15 or 20 miles. Had to replace a head gasket. The first time I drove it more than down the block it started to leak compression to the outside. Made it home OK without doing any serious damage.

I hope to find someone that needs it more than I do.

It smokes REAL bad. There is no way I would try to take it in a parade like it is.

The manual states that I can pull the piston and rod assys from the bottom. The bores looked good, however I did not measure them.

The guy I bought it from talked to the Chief that last drove it, He said that he retired it because the generator didnt work, but still ran well.

Generator still doesnt work, It is driven by the timing chain and has a second distributer on the back (of the generator). Kind of s scary deal, I would hate to drop the chain in an attempt to fix the charging system.

I just throw my little Honda generator in the back with a battery charger hooked up and drive it like that. It is 12 volt so a boat tank and electric fuel pump were nesessary.

Fun Stuff ! !

Any offers? ? ? I like to trade.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest douglasel

We own a 1929 Dodge Victory 6 Sport sedan.We bought it in 2007. I have to try to post a picture of it on here.It is stock and we love this car.

• 2 weeks later...

I have four "on the road' and three to restore. Son #1 has an all original coupe (saved from hot rodding) and Son #2 has a sport touring. My four are: sport roadster, deluxe 4-pass coupe, deluxe late sedan, and very early sedan. To restore are two 131 series sedans (21 inch wheels) and one sport sedan, early.