Crosley

Guest Hinckley

Guest Hinckley

While I was signing books at Auto Books - Aero Books in Burbank, California, my dear wife was buying a birthday surprise. The title for this new book, Crosley, subtitled "Two Brothers And A Business Empire That Transformed The Nation", sums up the content but not the depth of this fascinating work by Rusty McClure, David Stern, and Michael A. Banks.

This book is a morality play and inspirational story set against a backdrop of American societal evolution from 1900 to 1950 that reads like a novel. Its amazing that to a large degree Powel Crosley, and his brother Lewis, have slipped through the cracks.

Guest LouisRugani

I'm in full agreement; the book is brilliant, and goes far beyond actual history and into interpersonal human drama. Who of its readers could disagree that it wouldn't be the basis of a great screenplay, as did the Henry Ford and Preston Tucker sagas (or "The Betsy" and Sinclair Lewis' "Dodsworth", for that matter)? Crosley automobiles with their thirteen-year production history may not hold the same glamor but there's a great story there waiting to be read and hopefully filmed someday.

I too echo your feelings on this book. I bought a pre production copy and read it the first day it arrived. I just couldn't put it down. Well done with a lot of personal insight. Rusty was our main speaker at Crosley Nationals last year and added a lot of additional color to a number of stories from the book. It is a good read all around. I hope someday that Hollywood can do it justice!!