Founders Tour

Geez-I miss Wayne and his always prompt coverage and pics. I forgot to bring the little plug to download my pics to the PC so Susan and I are going to try a workaround if we can find some time. But, even without pics I want to let everyone know this is a great tour!

The Western PA Region is pulling out all the stops to keep us moving and seeing great stuff. Mondays roads were country all the way and we saw some wonderful scenery. Weather was perfect. We visited a restoration facility, the Jimmy Stewart museum in Indiana Pa, a Corvette collection, Amish country and a winery. The chocolate shop was amazing!!! Tuesday our coffee stop was at one of the most amazing bakeries we've ever seen! We've still got donuts in our bag! The tour of Fort Necessity National Battlefield was great and the woodlands resort was a treat of beautiful scenery that included a visit to Laurel Caverns. Wineries, antique shops and even a "ufo" encounter were part of the agenda. The evening included a cruise in and dinner that was a whole bunch of fun. Today, it rained but we were in dry comfort on tour busses into Pittsburg. We visited the zoo, rode the Duquesne incline, toured the Frick home and car collection (wow!!!) and the Carnegie museum. Tomorrow we'll visit another car collection, a winery and some outlets. We're having a blast! Soon as we can figure out to get pics downloaded we'll show you what makes AACA touring so great.

Terry

Geez-I miss Wayne and his always prompt coverage and pics........

Sorry Terry, we can't hit them all. It would have certainly been more fun than my work schedule this week.

The Western PA Region is pulling out all the stops to keep us moving and seeing great stuff. Mondays roads were country all the way and we saw some wonderful scenery. Weather was perfect........

Now, Terry, I know what vehicle you have been riding in (the Don Barlop Limo), so I'm surprised if you saw anything in the back seat of that big rig with the dark windows.:D

You guys enjoy yourselves. Hit a couple more antique shows for Gloria and me.

Wayne

Founders Tour was great - well planned - beautiful drives - a 10 pounder !

These are just cellphone photos - more later

Nathan and I had the pleasure of sharing our "Fiorello LaGuardia" Buick with President and First-Lady Terry and Susan Bond for the last afternoon of the tour

post-54863-143138230252_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138230254_thumb.jpg

Pleasure was all ours Marty - it was indeed a great week traveling PA's backroads with AACA friends. After our day in Pittsburgh we continued to soak in some history and see some great stuff. We toured a winery, spent some time and $$ at an outlet mall and got to visit a restoration shop and then dropped in on past AACA President & First Lady Dave and Karen Berg. Their collection was fabulous.

Friday we stopped at the Flight 93 Memorial where the Western PA Region presented a donation to the memorial, along with a contribution from Joanna Cooper. A plaque was also presented on behalf of the Region and AACA. Tour #93 had been reserved and not used on the tour - instead, a tour banner and the #93 formed the plaque. It was a very moving experience. After a lunch with members of the Flood City Region, we stopped to view an incredible collection of gas station memorabilia, and a visit at Fort Ligoner.

It's hard to condense a whole week into a few paragraphs so I'll attach a few pics to give you the flavor. To sum it all up, the Western PA Region and Howard Finney together with region president Harvey Eger, did a fantastic job. The fun, fellowship, food, tours, banquets and every detail was first class. Folks, if you missed this one, you missed a great time! Susan and I especially want to thank the folks who provided back seats for us -including the Finneys, Roy and Joann Graden, Jim and Edna Cross, Don and Carol Barlup, Doug and Ronnie Seybold and of course Marty Roth. We can't wait to get on the road again!

Terry

post-30751-143138230803_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143138230819_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143138230835_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143138230852_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143138230866_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143138230883_thumb.jpg

Now, Terry, I know what vehicle you have been riding in (the Don Barlup Limo), so I'm surprised if you saw anything in the back seat of that big rig with the dark windows.:D

You guys enjoy yourselves. Hit a couple more antique shows for Gloria and me.

Wayne

Hey Wayne, being that Terry and Susan went from Canandaigua to Greensburg in Don's limo, does that make Don the owner of the AACA Presidential limo??:D:D:D

The limo was nice and we really thank Don and Carol for transporting us from NY down to PA for the tour. It holds a lot of luggage, but not as much as the bus. Here are a few more pics from the tour. I'll add a few to the meet thread also.

Terry

post-30751-143138231133_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143138231148_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143138231165_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143138231181_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143138231195_thumb.jpg