Reatta data/database

Barney Eaton

We are getting closer to having all Reattas identified.

Attached is the first page for the 1989 Reattas, we have scanned these pages and converted them to Excel so they can be sorted.

More info later.

post-30596-143138227498_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting discovery..... several early 1988 Reattas appear to have cloth interior.

Most were probably destroyed and if were actually sold, the seats would have been changed to leather.

How do we know? The interior code on the sheets that I posted, have the three digit code for the interior option. Example.. 981 = blue interior with the 16 way seat option, 991 = standard blue interior, but the sheets show some codes like 191 which would be the standard blue but not in leather.

Larry Gustin, co author of "The Buick, A Complete History" was wise enough to have the listing run when Buick moved out of Flint. Larry wrote many of the Reatta press releases back when he was still working for GM.

There were 443 pages of what we used to call "watermelon sheets" and the Reattas were seperated by years but within each year, the vins were scrambled, making it very difficult to find a car. With the dedication of Roy Faries (North Texas BCA member) he scanned all the pages and converted them to Excel format.

We are in the clean up process.....when scanned, sometime 1 is logged as L, B becomes 8, etc. This takes someone to verify the numbers.

Now Tom Jenkins is involved and helping sort and convert the remaining GM codes to colors so that owners unfarmiliar with paint codes and interior option codes do not need to do the conversion.

When we finish, the information will be available online...free if you would like you own personal CD we will probably provide those for a nominal fee..... basically what it cost us to get them duplicated.

Barney: that is wonderful and if you need help sorting I am willing.

Some years ago a couple of friends "acquired" the complete set of billing cards for all Pontiacs built fron 1959 to about 1975 (Pontiac at the time held on to the later stuff and would send an owner a free copy, the others became Pontiac Historical Services and can provide a raft of documentation acceptable for platinum judging.

What started out as a project to identify the Super Duty cars of 1961-63 grew beyond all expectations & covered several million cars. That became available twenty years ago and is still making discoveries.

This is a facinating project and will soon provide much information about every Reatta built (or not) & Barney is to be congratulated for both the original database which for years was the best information we had and this new addition which will be very interesting to merge with what is already there.

A little off topic-did they find all the info on the Pontiac Super Duty cars? i am researching the 1969 AMC Super Stock AMXs from Hurst and located a former Super Duty racer who also owned an AMX. His name s Dick Erlandson. Here is a link to my research-he is car number 37, complete with a picture of his Pontiac. Great guy to talk to but don't believe any Pontiac people talked to him.

http://theamcforum.com/forum/ss-amx-history-and-ocumentation_topic10414_page5.html

SD extraction was done by a guy who worked for Pontiac but not by Pontiac. AFAIK Fred identified all of the '60s SD cars and they are summarized by VIN in a table in Pete McCarthy's book "Pontiac Musclecar Performance".

Guest Seriousmojo

Hey Barney......here's info on my Reatta for your data base....91........ #1G4EC13C2LB 906227 It is white with a red interior........black body moulding....am/fm cassette.........Dave

Hey Barney

Louisville KY.

4 cars more details later, iff. BTW pin stripe = int. colour

1g4ec11c1kb906494 silver/? sun; parts car and we'll see.

1g4ec11c4kb904304 blue in blue.

My D D. (Damn $99 Earl Shribe{did Ronald Regand's hair}paint jobs Just close to Maui blue and pealing).

1g4ec13c3lb901585 Wh/Tan sun. Parts car;good shell! 4-sale. some mold, missing Dr. wing

1g4ec13c4lb900977 Wh/Bl sun. Wifes future Draiver!!!

She had (was forced) to drive mine for 5 days while I replaced her heater core;

She Likes It Much!

"EVERY DRIVER HAS A PARTS CAR"

Bob

• 4 years later...
Guest cadhd2002

Barney,

1G4EC33L3MB900384 white(EXT) Red(INT) blk(MOLD) am/fm with CD 42,000 miles Saint Jo, Texas (CONV)

1G4EC13L2MB900932 white(EXT) Red(INT) blk(MOLD) am/fm with CD 153,000 miles Saint Jo, Texas(COUPE)

E-mail when Data Base is done or email me at cadhd@hotmail.com

Thanks

Sonny Stewart