Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

Just flipping through this, my favorite ROA thread again this morning showing my wife all the beautiful Rivieras....

had not seen this one before... hmmmm, where is the lightbulb smiley?

Well, here's my newest pic of my Riviera. More of a road trip scene but you probably recognize the flowing lines...

227295d1387301618-post-some-pics-your-rivieras-image.jpg

God there are some beautiful Rivieras on these pages!!!

I haven’t posted/updated mine in a couple of years, page eight of this topic, since I have added one more since then thought I would post them again. I’ll start with a group shot of the ones I have that are presentable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]296887[/ATTACH]

The ’65 is one of the 454 LX NON GS Rivs, I ended up buying it thanks to RivNut posting it on this forum! It needs work, hopefully I’ll get to it sooner than later? The ’72 is a true GS that is one of the 88 that was an SCO Riv, possibly the only Buick in 1972 painted a “Baby Blue” color?!? The ’93 is a low mileage, 64K, example in very good condition. The ’95 has 62K miles on it, I have been asked why I bother keeping the miles low, I guess it’s just because I like it. Silver Arrow #152 is at 74K miles now, I would rate it at 9.2-9.4 on a 10 point scale. Silver Arrow #10 was bought to keep it from ending up in a junk yard. It had 180K on it when I bought it a few years ago and is at 272K now. It is showing its age and miles but still runs “mostly” as it should.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]296888[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]296889[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]296890[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]296891[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]296892[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]296893[/ATTACH]

The last pictures are of my most recent stupidity! Not in my possession yet but I have put a deposit on this Flame Red ’65 GS, it is kind of rare with the Custom White Interior. The price was right so I couldn’t pass it up, now I just have to get another garage built AND find a way to get it from WI to NC!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]296894[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]296895[/ATTACH]

The red one is a stunner. Your a lucky guy. Good luck with the Riviera.

Randall....that car has an awesome color combination! Love the custom white

interior with the Red paint. Congrats on your purchase.

The red one is a stunner. Your a lucky guy. Good luck with the Riviera.

Thanks for the congratulations, hopefully it will be sooner than later that I will be able to get it home.

• 2 weeks later...

You may already seen it, but I put some pictures here, too.

post-103683-143143022646_thumb.jpg

This pictures were taken, when I purchased it. It looks great then.

Please follow the thread under ME and MY Buick, to see how it looks after interior was removed.

Horror !

Frank

post-103683-143143022537_thumb.jpg

post-103683-143143022565_thumb.jpg

post-103683-143143022594_thumb.jpg

post-103683-14314302262_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my first riv, welcome to the forum. I saw that Riv on CL and wanted to take a look at it, but never found the time. Congrats on your 1st Riv. Tell us more about it as you become familiar with it. The other KC area Riviera owners are having a get together on Apr. 18th at BB1970's place. If you check the forum you can find the thread. If you'd like to come, send Bill (BB1970) a PM and he'll tell you the details. (To send a Private Message to someone, just click on their handle.) We're a friendly group here so we'd like to have you include your given name when you're posting to the forum.

There's a link to the Riviera Owners Assn. in my signature. Be sure to check it out. The ROA is having its annual event in St. Charles, IL June 30th - July 3rd. If you like Rivieras, it's the place to be.

Ed

Thanks Ed I may just do that! I bought it and tore into it. I've got the engine apart for detailing, I'll be posting some pics just have to resize them to fit. I also ordered new seat covers and foam, headliner and carpet (it had felt like fabric for carpet). Also replacing the wood veneer trim and sprucing up the rest of the interior (it needed serious attention)

Mark

Mark,

It sounds as if you're going through the same initiation process that most of the rest of us did. As soon as you figure out how to resize those pictures, post them so the rest of us can see your progress.

You'll get a lot more attention to your project (which translates to kudos and offers of help) if you start a new thread and give it a unique title rather than posting here on the "Show us some pictures" thread.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Finally can contribute with a completed driving car! Set sail for first voyage over weekend. Not the 66 project I have been working on but a quick fun project. Picked this up cheap before Christmas. Yes this is the one with the back window broken out of it from an exploding can of fix-a-flat and that had sat outside for over a year and didn't run.....and the car I tried my best to get someone else to buy for two months because I didn't need or want another car. It was destiny. True diamond in the rough. About 40 hours work, $850 in tires and other parts and its running and driving beautifully. I'm sure something else will crop up needing addressed as we start to drive it more but hopefully nothing major. 59k original miles. Feels good to drive a boattail again. I forgot how long the hoods are!

post-50687-143143080918_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143143080922_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143143080926_thumb.jpg

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest KS-Competition

Some pictures of my ongoing -65 project. Hope to have it out on the streets midsummer 2016. The plans are a frame off restoration, air suspension, new interior (black), new paintjob, check driveline and refresh it, new rims + some other small stuff. Lets see where it ends up.

29/6 -15: added some pics of my fueltank. Ganggreen flake on Black base. This gives you a hint of what I am doing on my roof.  ;)

Some new pictures of the progress. 

IMG_2139.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG

IMG_2739.JPG

DSC02236.2.jpg

DSC02250.2.jpg

DSC02312.JPG

DSC02666.JPG

DSC02883.JPG

DSC03317.JPG

DSC03403.JPG

IMG_03621.JPG

IMG_3904.JPG

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

Edited by KS-Competition
New pictures added (see edit history)

Guest Lance Cain

Thanks for the compliment....I will post some today ... I'm waiting on a sector gear (steering column part) to be delivered today. It's stuck in the garage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest 50convert

Greetings!

Just picked up this beauty a few months back.  She was locked up in a barn up north, so it's taken a bit to get it roadworthy, but now we're up and about!  

post-154391-0-36086100-1439475051_thumb.

post-154391-0-90218900-1439475056_thumb.

post-154391-0-14568200-1439475060_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JyriKe

Hello,

Here´s pic from my -69 Riviera. She is living her new life here in Finland. I bought it 8 years ago when it was shipped from the USA. As you can see from the pics it is missing few moldings at front. It´s impossible to get any spare parts for it from here. So I tried to get those from USA but no junkyard will send it to Finland because the shipment is so small... I appreciate if someone in this forum knows where I can get those parts?

Guest RivieraBear

On Tuesday night (8/25/2015) a drunk driver in a F150 came screaming down the street here in San Diego, ripped off the front bumper cover and messed up the front suspension on a VW New Beetle, rolled over my Suzuki C50 Boulevard, tore up the Riviera as you can see in the photo, ripped off his right front wheel and continued on to mess around with my VW CC. The force moved a 4500 pound Riviera up onto the curb and forward 2 feet or so.

The adjuster seems to think it would take 15 grand to fix it...but he could be wrong.

Edited by RivieraBear (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the site as of yesterday and wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and say hello.  My name is Joe, I'm from Staten island, NY and I just bought my second Riviera.  My first was a 1980 Black on Black.  It was a freak car and I'm pretty sure it was built by Buick for some type of show or something.  It was completely loaded moon roof etc.  It had some type of Delco Trip Computer with a complete digital dash.  The trip computer did things like let you know how many miles you drove, how many miles you had left to drive on your trip.  How long you have been driving in time and how long you had left to drive in time.  It provided Volts, temperature and I'm not sure what else it was a long long time ago.  But it was a really cool Bad A?? car.  I have never seen even one other one with that option.  I think they started producing the digital dash setup without the trip computer in 1983.  But I could be wrong about that.    It was still mint when I sold it in 86 but I have no idea where it is or if it's still around at all.

I just bought my second Riviera a 1963 White on Black with the very rare 425/465 option.  From what I understand there was just over 2200 produced with the 425.  I'm not real sure about this but it is what I have been told.  That would be about 5% of total production.  If anyone know that I'm stating anything wrong please let me know.  I'm new to these early cars but I just love the dash and the style of the body.  Anyway back to the car.  It is a factory leather car and it came with Ice Cold A/C, P/Windows, P/Vent Windows, P/Seat, P/Trunk, P/Antenna, Cruse Control and Sentinel  Lights.  It even has the pocketbook holder on the dash.  I have included a few pictures for your review.  The car is in real nice shape.  Not concourse nor shall it ever be.  I have a completely original 82 Vette with less then 19K mi. on it that I hardly ever drive and I don't want to end up the same way with this car.  I want a real nice driver and I think that's what I got.

The car does have a couple of problems that I need to address. First I think it needs Power vent window switches.  You really have to play with them to get them to work but they do work.  Next the air is ice cold but it still blows hot air from a vent on the drivers side of the console any time any blower is on.  That's killing me because when I bought the car I had it shipped directly to my home in Florida.  I have also shipped my Vette and motorcycles there.  The roads in Staten Island are like your driving through a war zone.

If anyone could provide me with any incite as far as where I can find new switches and what might be up with the heat it would be greatly appreciated.  Also does anyone deal with any shoppes in the South West Florida area?  

Well thanks for your time and any information that anyone could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Joe

post-154669-0-60302300-1441732405_thumb.

post-154669-0-95852100-1441732624_thumb.

post-154669-0-80681500-1441732751_thumb.

post-154669-0-80106300-1441732775_thumb.

post-154669-0-29257200-1441732840_thumb.

post-154669-0-35115200-1441732864_thumb.

post-154669-0-32809300-1441732913_thumb.

post-154669-0-85535200-1441732921_thumb.

post-154669-0-37276200-1441732969_thumb.

post-154669-0-89695000-1441732977_thumb.

post-154669-0-13065500-1441732984_thumb.

post-154669-0-11541600-1441733022_thumb.

post-154669-0-60757500-1441733072_thumb.

post-154669-0-64085200-1441733082_thumb.

post-154669-0-31979100-1441733122_thumb.

Great looking car, you'll be getting a lot of thumbs-up with this one.  The Riviera Owners Assoc. has a website that you can look at to get exact numbers of '63's built with the 425.  Check the data tag to see when your car was built.  The dimple in the vacuum canister more or less implies that this is an early built car - the date code is two numbers for the month, and a letter (A,B,C,D,E) for the week.  To confirm that the engine is a 425 and original to the car, there are stamped (not cast) numbers on the machined horizontal surface of the block right behind the water crossover.  JT for a 401, JW for a 425.  The number on the other side should match the car's VIN.  The link to the ROA's website is in my signature.

You'll get better response to technical questions if you start a dedicated thread on the topic that you need help with.  Still nice of you to share pictures and introduce yourself.

The little gizmo on the dash is called the Guide-matic and it raises and lowers your headlight beams when it detects oncoming vehicles.  Good idea but I found that when mine is on it 1) raises and lowers the beams under each and every street lamp, and 2) it keeps the beams on high when you're following another car.  The dimmer switch has a half way point in it that acts as an over-ride.  Your car also appears to have the optional flip up rear arm rest in the rear seat.  Someone has done some retro-fitting of trunk material, apparently to house the modern sound system.

Congratulations on a great car.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Why Thank You!  If I sent you a picture of my Vin plate and Body ID Plate would you be able to take a look at it for me.  If so, shoot me your e-mail address and I'll forward you the pictures.  I can be reached at fxrspjc@verizon.net.  Thanks again in advance for your interest and help.

Sincerely,

Joe

There are other Riviera owners who'd like to see your car, and one of the members keeps a registry of '63 Rivieras.  If you create a new post with pictures you'll get more information than I alone can probably give to you.  No such things as too many cooks when it comes to Rivieras.

I'd definately encourage you to join the Riviera Owners Assn. The best restoration tools I have are 1) a chassis manual for 1963 - reprint, original, or CD are all just as good, and 2) my membership in the Riviera Owners Assn.  I could not have reached the level where I am now without the ROA.

Ed

Thanks for the Tip, I already joined.  Cant wait to start to dive into it.  I wanted one of these cars for years.  I mean years.

I tried to buy this same car a little over a year ago but someone paid the asking price while I was trying to work the deal a little.   Anyway it took me an extra year but I saved thousands and ended up with a brand new exhaust, a full tune up and all new belts and hoses.  Oh last year it had set of two inch lower springs in it but the front wheels rubbed so those were changed out for a set of one inch.  No more rubbing and it all was taken care of during the year the last owner owned it.

I kind of felt sorry for him.  You were able to see he had no intention of selling it but he ended up being relocated due to his job and had nowhere to keep it at his new house.  No garage.  I'll keep it for him for years.  I have my vette for almost 20 years now.  

If you could forward me the contact information for the guy that runs the register I would appreciate the opportunity of speaking with him.  

Well Ed have a great night and thanks again for your help and information.

Best Wishes,

Joe