HELP FROM BALTIMORE MARYLAND

42cady

Hi, I am a life member but new to forums. I own a 1942 Cadillac 61 series 4 door sedan. It was sold new per the Cadillac Owner Service Policy 10/17/41 at the Chesapeake Cadillac Company in Baltimore Maryland. It was sold new to The White Company, Mr. Milton Constam V.P.. Anyone in the forum from Baltimore Maryland that may have any knowledge of the Chesapeake Cadillac Company, The White Co., or Mr Milton Constam? I am running into a dead end. I was told that maybe The White Co. was a paint company? Any info that you may have will be greatly appreciated and make very interesting conversation when I show the car. I was told I was the third owner as the person that I purchased it from bought it from the estate of the original owner family. It has only 57,000 miles on it now. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

PS. I attended the New Bern Grand National and showed my 1956 Ford pickup and had outstanding time. My wife and I enjoy the new people we meet at each show. The Friday night dinner and adwards presentation was great. Thanks to all in the First Capitol for a great time.

42cady

Guest Gary Hearn

If you have exhausted Internet searches, I think a trip to the local library is in order so that you can research the city directories from that period. A local historical society may also be helpful.

From what I could locate:

White company sold trucks.

Their home office was in Cleveland

Their Baltimore office was at Mt Royal and Guiford Ave.

An other source that might be available to anyone looking for businesses or even folks that owned their vehicle is old phone books.

Here locally we have a Telephone/Telecom Pioneer office that maintains a sizeable collection of old phone books from the area. There may be something similar where any of you live. You can start by calling your local phone company and asking about the local chapter of the Telephone/Telcom Pioneers.

I also understand that some public libraries have collections of old phone books.

The City Directory idea is the best start IMO. City Directories were published every year with all the businesses, residents, and addresses in town. I have mostly seen this in smaller cities, but the Baltimore library would be the place to find out. Good luck, Todd C

From what I could find, Mr. Milton M. Constam Jr. was a Baltimore resident that passed away in July of 2001. If you go to the Baltimore Sun website and pay for the obituary, it may tell you more. A google search turned up a perpetual memorial with the Baltimore Hebrew Congregation.

I couldn't find anything on the White Company. Sorry!

Frank