53 Fiesta wanted for Concours Show

LarryP

The 6<SUP>th</SUP> annual Krasl Art Center Concours in beautiful Saint Joseph, Michigan is seeking a 1953 Olds Fiesta to join our wonderful classic car show on Lake Michigan.

The Krasl Art Center Concours is an invitation only classic car show, featuring 80 highly regarded and beautifully restored or preserved automobiles from the late 1800s to 1975. This year’s show will be held on Saturday, August 7 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The classic cars and motorcycles will be displayed in Lake Bluff Park, a grassy site overlooking Lake Michigan.

Proceeds from the show go to the Krasl Art Center in Saint Joseph.

If you have a 53 Olds Fiesta, we would like to send you an invitation to join us. Please contact Dar Davis at 269-983-0742 or drd43@sbcglobal.net.

Just a couple of quick suggestions to keep in mind while looking for the '53 Olds Fiesta (and you may know about these already, given your proximity to Lansing, Michigan).

The annual Oldsmobile Homecoming Show is taking place on Saturday, June 19th (with some festivities the day before around the R.E. Olds Museum downtown); there will be upwards of 500 Oldsmobiles at the show, and you stand as good of a chance as any finding one of those rare Fiestas (458 built, if I remember correctly, don't know how many are left) at that great event.

Then, the week of July 7th through the 10th, the National Antique Oldsmobile Club will be holding their National Meet in Lansing; the NAOC features cars from 1897-1966, and at the last NAOC Meet I was able to attend in Cincinnati two years ago, there were two '53 Fiesta convertibles there.

The General Motors Heritage Collection also has a two-tone light-blue/dark blue '53 Fiesta in their collection as well; they are based in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

The website for the R.E. Olds Chapter's Homecoming is www.reolds.org and the NAOC's website is The National Antique Oldsmobile Club

There will likely be representatives of the GM Heritage Collection (as well as their vehicles) at one or both of the above shows.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Mike

Thank you so much Mike. Those are excellent suggestions. I will be sure that we make to at least one of the events in Lansing. I went to the 100th anniversary celebration there a few years back, and it was an amazing show. I'm sure we can find a Fiesta or 2 there.

Larry