Peerless / Buckeye Jack Mfg Jack?

Guest spongerich

Guest spongerich

Hi All,

I bought a bunch of stuff in an estate sale and among the old car jacks was one made by The Buckeye Jack Mfg. Company. It has what I'm 99% sure is the Peerless logo on the back and says Model 06A on it.

Does anyone know if this is in fact from a Peerless model and what year it might date to?

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow when the light is a little better.

Thanks!

spongerich,

Thanks for stopping by! When PeerlessBelgium and I picked up a 1927 and a 1928 Peerless in California last November, one of them had a jack that said "Peerless" on the side of the case. It was the type with the notched bar that the case traveled up and down on, using a lug wrench or rod of some kind (missing), and the logo had the name in longhand. I don't remember the name of the maker of the jack.

Guest spongerich

Thanks Jeff,

Here's some pics of the jack in question.

Patent date is 1917 which I suppose puts it right in the correct timeframe to be original to a Peerless car.

Dsc02703.jpg

Dsc02708.jpg

Dsc02709.jpg

Dsc02704.jpg

I've had and sold an identical jack with a Cadillac script, and seen one with a brass tag for Pierce Arrow cars on the side plate, so I fully believe this is from the tool kit of a Peerless from sometime after the pat date and could have been supplied for many years thereafter.

According to the parts manuals the jack that came with the model 56 Peerless cars was: Peerless part number- Y 101, Jack ( Buckeye 1 ton with 14" handle).

This jack would have been with the tools provided in Peerless cars from 1916 into the early 20's.

I have seen other Peerless jacks but I think those were generic and not made for a specific car.

• 3 years later...
Guest tim1957d

Hi gang, I also have A neat old Peerless ratcheting jack and would love to find out what years and models this gal came on? I tried three times to upload pictures, but they failed?

I Block letters; "PEERLESS NO 16 (or 15). On the opposite rib is"OLIVER MFG CO CHICAGO" "PATD MARCH 14 05". And also an X115 and A X 60 on the jack handle opening. How do I load pix?

Tim Grove