Auto Red Bug Electric Car

I just acquired this vehicle and I am looking for anyone that may help me in finding a battery box, fenders and the emergency brake assembly is missing I need info on how it looked to replace it. David 910 258 1166

• 4 months later...

Authentic fenders for these cars are basically impossible. Many people who have restored them have used a bicycle fender of similar appearance, these have a wide flare in the center which is incorrect. I can't speak to the availability of the battery box though I suspect it is also difficult. I do not know what parts Jim Altman had remaining when he passed away or whatever became of those parts. I did trade him a parts car a long time ago. If you are at all near the Pittsburgh, Pa. you would be most welcome to stop by and examine and photograph my Auto Red Bugs. I have the electric as well as the gas version (Smith). One has correct fenders and one has the bicycle type. You would instantly see the difference. Neither of mine have been on the road in a number of years but I well recall my oldest son driving one (much too fast) at a AGNM many years ago!