BREAKING NEWS! 1954 BUICK LANDAU AT AMES

MrEarl

The President today announced that Bob Coker, aka Progoofoff, has graciously accepted his invitation to bring and display the 1954 Buick Landau at the 2010 Buick Club of America National Meet, to be held in Ames, Iowa July 27-31. This is what President Young had to say at his noon time news briefing

I bring good tidings to all of you.

I just received word that Mr. Coker will be bringing his 54 Landau to the 2010 National Event in Ames. Subject to, as Tennessee Ernie Ford said, "God willing and if the creek don't rise".

What a wonderful gesture on his part to share this beautiful piece of history with us.

Mr Coker has only recently acquired the one-of-a-kind special-built car by General Motors<nobr style="color: darkgreen; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; font-family: verdana,helvetica,sans-serif;" id="itxt_nobr_1_0"></nobr> that first debuted at the 1954 General Motors Motorama Show.Bob states he has a few things to do to the car to insure it is ready for the unveiling but that he will be there.

More on this exciting story as it develops. :D

Guest sintid58

Now if you were there too Mr Earl then it would be complete. All kidding aside wish you were coming but maybe someday in my travels I will get close to your area and be able to buy you lunch or dinner. I could by you a beer but I don't drink since I have lost all the weight and I never go near a bar when I am driving a truck.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!

This just in!!! After almost 5 seconds of arm twisting by the new owner of the '54 Landau, Lamar Brown aka MrEarl succumbed to the pain and agreed to not only accompany the car to the BCA National in Ames, but to also be the official custodian and protector of the car while it is there. It is unclear yet what duties may be associated with this position but it has been reported by an undisclosed source that MrEal has added "chauffeurs uniform" to his already lengthy eBay Search list.

Hotels in Ames, after hearing the news of the Landau making it's unprecedented appearance were already bracing for what many say will be the single most attended event in Ames, Iowa and possibly the states history. In addition with this news of MrEarls appearance, it is expected the National Guard may have to be called in to maintain order.

We will keep you posted as more news of this spectacular event comes in.

(so much for keeping cats in bags these days:rolleyes::D)

Attaboy! I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away. I have a Manitoba Chauffeur's pin...of course, it is from 1941. About all you need is the hat...the rest could be improvised. Of course, you'll need to have your polishing towels too.

Nice to see all this attention to my favourite Buick year!!!

The Landau was the pinnacle of the Buick's that year...maybe even the decade. To know that it will be on display at the annual meet is great to hear. Now that MrEarl is involved I can't wait to see what is in store.

Maybe this is a start...a Chauffeur hat :D

Nice to see all this attention to my favourite Buick year!!!

The Landau was the pinnacle of the Buick's that year...maybe even the decade. To know that it will be on display at the annual meet is great to hear. Now that MrEarl is involved I can't wait to see what is in store.

Does this mean you will be coming down to see. HOPE SO, us PARG's have got to stick together.

Seriously everyone, I am really looking forward to being there. Not just for the experience of the Landau but more for the chance to see some of you again and meet some that I have never met. My thanks again to ol Progoofoff for helping make it happen.

See ya's in Ames.

The Landau without Lamar skulking around just wouldn't be right....

:eek::oCan't decide if I resemble that remark or not:rolleyes:;):):D

skulk <script>play_w2("S0457100")</script><object style="margin: 1px;" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" height="21" width="13">

<embed src="http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf" flashvars="sound_src=http://img.tfd.com/hm/mp3/S0457100.mp3" menu="false" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" height="21" width="13"></object> (skubreve.giflk)intr.v. skulked, skulk·ing, skulks 1. To lie in hiding, as out of cowardice or bad conscience; lurk.

2. To move about stealthily.

3. To evade work or obligation; shirk.

n.1. One who hides, lurks, or practices evasion.

2. A congregation of vermin, especially foxes, or of thieves. See Synonyms at flock<sup>1</sup>.

<hr class="hmshort" align="left">

OK, we now have the Motorama Landau and Mr. Earl committed to coming to Ames. We now have Joe Bortz (who has the largest private collection of Motorama cars in the world) as a member of BCA. Let's connect the dots. It is now a "no brainer" to have our top brass call on the great Mr. Bortz to request Mr. Bortz to bring the 1953 Wildcat I to Ames as well as has already been suggested on another thread by my hero Brian Laurance as a "pipe dream"! I believe it can happen in reality! Bring on the Motorama girls and musical productions all in Ames, Ames, Ames! Charles-aim high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Charles_Barnette (see edit history)

I hear ya, bring on the show girls... and the Wildcat I of course. What I'd really love to see is the Landau and the Wildcat II back together. I doubt that they have seen each other since 1954. Does the Sloan Museum ( I assume this is where the Wildcat II still is) ever let cars out to events such as this.

Ya know what I wonder. Are there any of the "original" Motorama showgirls still around.:)