1942 Buick Century Sedan

Guest Buick Century

Guest Buick Century

Hi,this is my project, a very rare 1942 Buick 60 Series (Century) sedan, I have this vehicle since 2006 and after looking and purchasing parts(and filling the piggybank) for more than 3 years,the only thing missing is the hood,which I am looking,if somebody has or knows were I can buy one,I will thank you,the hood is longer than the other buick models,probably because the bigger engine it uses,but the very short production of these cars before WWII started makes this parts hard to get,I dont know if the hood of a 1946,47 or 48 can be use on my car,please advice ,thanks and good day.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear 42Century:

I think you're in some trouble. There were no 60 series cars after 1942 until 1954. The 1941 hoods don't match in the parts books, so that's out. Based on the hood side trim and the front fenders in the parts books, a 1942 90 series hood MIGHT fit, but I'm not sure.

By 1953, Buick didn't offer a 1942 series 60 or series 90 hood in the parts books. Total production was 3312 plus 7 exports on the series 61 sedan and 1229 plus 3 export on the 66S sedanet.

Regards, Dave Corbin