WTB Bosch DU4 dual magneto

• 1 year later...

Yes sir, I do! An acquaintance of mine salvaged an old electrical repair shop and I was fortunate enough to rescue this and other goodies! I am in New Mexico and the climate is basically warm and dry, so it was relatively easy to refurbish and is quite complete. As a matter of fact, the only fault noticed is that one of the primary wire thumbscrews was missing, and the one that i replaced it with does not match the other three.

It's a nice piece and if you are interested, I'll try and get you some pics.

Thanks, Erv

• 1 year later...
Guest john7121
Yes sir, I do! An acquaintance of mine salvaged an old electrical repair shop and I was fortunate enough to rescue this and other goodies! I am in New Mexico and the climate is basically warm and dry, so it was relatively easy to refurbish and is quite complete. As a matter of fact, the only fault noticed is that one of the primary wire thumbscrews was missing, and the one that i replaced it with does not match the other three.

It's a nice piece and if you are interested, I'll try and get you some pics.

Thanks, Erv

Hello Erv,

I found this thread while searching the web. I'm looking for a Bosch DU4 Dual Magneto too. Did you sell the one you described here or do you still have it by some wonderful chance?

Thank you

John

email: gnjapv8@gmail.com

The DU4 is one of the more common magnetos. Bosch made them for quite a few years. There are ten on eBay right now. You can also purchase rebuilt ones from magneto restoration shops. Be sure the one you buy turns in the correct direction for your engine. They also made adjustable and non-adjustable spark timing models.

Phil