1942 Buick Century Sedan

Guest Buick Century

Guest Buick Century

Hi everyone,I have a 1942 Buick Century 60 Series Touring Sedan and I am in process of restoration to original factory condition,purchased on 2006 and never restored( please see my album),the last time was registered was in 1963,all these years I have been looking por parts to replace the ones that are no good and to get vintage GM accessories like fog lights,tissue dispenser,spotlight,etc. but I need a hood for my car and I tried very hard ( for 3 years on ebay,Buick clubs,craiglist,etc...)to look for one because its a longer one than other models ,can somebody please help me with info on other models that can be use,also,how many 1942 Centuries are around? mine is one of 3319 and 1942 cars are very rare because low production thanks for war material build up for WWII,thanks to all and god bless.

Edited by Buick Century
improve the information (see edit history)

Hi,

Some suggestions -

• Post this subject on the prewar Buick forum.

• The hood from a 1942 Limited is likely the same. There were a pair of unrestored 1942 Limiteds in San Diego a couple of years ago. I think that one was a parts car. These two cars were sold to a man in Texas. I don't know the details, but someone on the prewar Buick forum may have more information on these two cars.

Grandpa