1937 Ford? rims like these for my 1930s sprint car trailer. see photos

Dear Friends I recently bought this circa 1930s race car trailer,to haul my 1930s sprint cars on. I am now going to restore it. Unfortunately,the wheels have had it,and I need another pair or even 3 wheels like or similar. I was told these are 1937 Ford. Is that correct? What other year Fords,or other era cars will also work? The rims are 16 inch,and the tires are 6:50 X 16 on them. They are 6 lug,and the lugs,center to center,are 2 5/8 inches apart. I need rims that are excellent,as they are hauling precious cargo! I would also consider a different kind of rim,or even a vintage chrome mag,as long as they fit the axle,and will look the vintage part. Finally,does any one have any cool period accessories for sale to bolt onto the trailer? Leads appreciated. George Albright,Ocala,Fla. cell 352 843 1624 email gnalbright@gmail.com

post-62459-143138188581_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138188903_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138188906_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138188909_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138188911_thumb.jpg

Guest prof pat

1936 chevrolet truck wheels, 6x 5.5 bolt pattern. they are called artillery wheels. usually 16" inch. best of luck George.

Guest prof pat

Upps, George, if you do not care for the same look, any six lug chevrolet wheel will fit. they still make them. go on ebay under chevrolet wheel, you can buy "new take off's" with new tires for less than the cost of tires.

Guest prof pat

George, here is an example on ebay 180482210570, they will fit, and take new tires that can handle the tow range necessary. and they are cheap!!!! Pat

• 1 month later...
Guest Roar

Hi George;

This trailer looks like one of mine: it consists of two 2X12" channels with bracing, axel and tongue. It wouldn't hurt to use one of the three-can testing kits on the welds after sandblasting it. The six bolt wheels are very common BUT there IS another odd six lug dimension so be sure to measure across the bolt pattern. I bought a set of nice six lug wires for the wrong pattern!

A side question: did you get your car certified as a "REAL" one for the AACA class 4 or 8? what was necessary? Did you HAVE to have Barney Olfield certify that he had raced against it?

Where's it's picture(s)

Cheers;

Roar

Guest cben09

George,,,I dont like single axle trailers,, ### At todays highway speeds,,,bakes are a must ,,Cheers,,Ben in Maine