Bucket Headlight Wiring question (New photo)

Guest 1Packard

Guest 1Packard

This photo is inside the headlight bucket on a 1930 Packard. This is where my problem is. Or at least underneath it I believe. If you push on the harness below it, the three wires are spring loaded and move up and down. What is the piece called and are they available? How do I remove it from here. See the large circular spring also, do I pry this out ? Is this some sort of fuse? I have power coming off of the bottom of the column but I need to check this end. It is dead here. I know it may be a short in the fender, but no power to all three?? Thanks! Keith Barker- Houston<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Shortcut to Bucketpic.jpg.zip

post-66286-143138185385_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1Packard (see edit history)

Looks a lot like the connector used for the headlight buckets on my 1933 Plymouth. On mine it is a bayonet style locking mechanism: Push the car/fender side of the piece in a little then rotate just like you would do for a bayonet style light bulb.

You can get replacement pig tail assemblies for one and two wire setups but I've never seen one for three wires, so be prepared to clean up and repair what you have. And that is a good reason to not just try to pry the disk out of there.