Motorcycle Owners-AACA Museum Needs You!

If you have a motorcycle you would like to display at the AACA Museum please contact the curator. Jeff Bliemeister at 717-566-7100 Ext. 104 Thanks

Here is more info:

Looking for individual collectors who could provide an entire exhibition of, say 5 to 20 cycles or individuals with historic bikes. We would like to borrow motorcycles for several months at time, maybe 3 to 6, then rotate with a new batch. Jeff

Edited by Steve Moskowitz
New info (see edit history)

Guest Ctskip

Where might this museum be? I've got a 58 FLH with 1475 miles on her clock. Original fall air in her tires too!

Ctskip

Guest Siegfried

Isn't there a club display, American Motorcycle Club, of motorcycles on the lower level of the museum?

What's happening?

Is the AACA Museum expanding the motorcycle display to now include AACA member bikes?

Do motor scooters count in this display?

Whatever is happening is just the way it goes, but it is a super idea to have AACA member’s bikes on display.<O:p</O:p

Guest Siegfried

Matt, Yes, they have changed the name, but it will ALWAYS be the AACA Museum to me, and many others. We (the AACA membership) built the place, we donate our vehciles, and we volunteer their. And yes the name change does matter to some of us, but that's the way it is. I'm learning to live with it.

S-I, I agree with you, I was simply posting a link to the website so he could read all about it, including where it is located. I actually am/was not aware of any name change, as I simply clicked on the AACA Museum link at the top of the page to get to it to copy the link.

Guest Siegfried

Matt, Sorry, I guess I might have over-reacted! The name change just touches a nerve. No offense meant, hope non was taken. Thanks for getting back to me. Jim

It is still the AACA Museum. However, for marketing purposes they are using a new name. People driving by the Museum had no real idea what a "AACA" museum was or is? AACA Museum is still going to be on the new sign.

The AMCA motorcycles are being removed opening the way for club motorcycles.

Guest Siegfried
It is still the AACA Museum. However, for marketing purposes they are using a new name. People driving by the Museum had no real idea what a "AACA" museum was or is? AACA Museum is still going to be on the new sign.

The AMCA motorcycles are being removed opening the way for club motorcycles.

Steve, Thank you for the explaining the reason behind the name change. This is really the first time it was explained this way, and it makes perfect sense now. Yes, the average person visiting the museum would not know what AACA stands for.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Sorry to hear about the AMCA leaving the museum. There display was superb. <o:p></o:p>

Once again, thanks for the explanations.

Jim Siegfried<o:p></o:p>

I had my 1912 Triumph on display there when the exhibit first opened. Could easily do it again - along with a display of early motorcycle spark plugs.

Terry

Was the Antique Motorcycle Coub of America (AMCA) located there? If so, why did they leave and take their displays with them.

Just for fun, anyone traveling through Western Colorado should take the time to drive up to Gateway, Colorado (way way off the beaten path- Google it -

but John Hendricks of the Discovery Channel has 50-60 fabulous cars in an incredible museum setting. In the summer, he has also displayed a couple of old bikes- my 28 Harley JD being one. All cars are his, but he has used these motorcycles in areas a car won't fit. I'll bet if you go you won't regret it.

You can also look up Gateway Canyons Museum online, and see most of the cars there.

Hope you find some bikes for your display. Wish I could help, but PA is just too far. Best of luck.