Barn "Storage Shed" find

Guest Earl

Here's a nice old Plymouth that had its storage shed collapse on it over the weekend. I'm not a huge Plymouth fan, but it was a shame since the old girl was not all rusted out or anything like that. Anyway, thought you might like the pictures. The car has been in storage for about 35 years I guess.

post-62560-143138180974_thumb.jpg

post-62560-143138180975_thumb.jpg

post-62560-143138180977_thumb.jpg

Geez, that is a shame. The paint still looked good enough to buff out, interior looked nice as well as the chrome.

Any idea why is was stored so long, or not put up for sale to someone that would have used it?

In August of 1980 we brought our first born, Mollie Jane, home in a 1940 Plymouth ( she was in the back seat in her Mother's arms, no child seat then). We had that car for 11 years, good car good memories. this one could be saved!

Jay

I don't know what the guy is going to do with it. I'll have to go over and find out. It's sitting outside now and has been since the building collapsed last Saturday. There was a couple of old sisters here in town back in the 70's that drove a car around town that looked just like that one. I'm wondering now if it belonged to them and it got put into storage when the last of that pair passed away. I saw them getting into their car in those days and stopped and asked them about it. They said they bought it new and didn't like the was new cars felt when they sat in them, so they kept their old Plymouth. They must have been in their 80's then so they were born in the 1890's.

It could be repaired, but I doubt whoever has it now will do it. Especially since they weren't doing anything with it up until now...

Guest elmo39

as long as you have a good donor car roof , reasonable welding skils , a few brains to make sure you take measurments before cuting its not to hard a job to replace the roof , just make sure you put blocks under the frame before cutting or the doors might not fit after.

Guest Skyking
I'd jack it back up with a bumper jack

That was exactly my thoughts, maybe not a bumper jack.

Back in the early eighties, my mother had a 68 Sport Fury convertible that was broad-sided. The passenger door & jam was pushed halfway into the seat. The insurance totaled the car and we bought it back for pennies and my brother who was a bodyman used a come-along, a tree and some expertise and straightened that car. After he finished you never knew it was hit.

Guest Siegfried

Definitely should be pounded back into shape, and if not then put a new roof on her. Car is way too nice to be scrapped.