1974 Electra 225 Coupe

wildcatsrule

I'm listing this car for someone with no computer access. This is a for sale lead and all questions regarding this car should be directed to the phone number below.

1974 Electra 225 2 door. Driver car. Burgundy with a white top and burgundy cloth seats. One family ownership. Runs good. Original numbers matching 455 Engine rebuilt and original TH400 transmission rebuilt. New radiator, alternator,starter,fuel pump and battery. Power window motors replaced. A/C not working but all components are there. All other options work. Car is located near Grand Rapids, Mich.

$1200.or best offer Dennis 616-676-2575

Edited by wildcatsrule
new price (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For anyone who wants pictures, you will have to call the seller directly. He has no computer access and did not provide me with any photos of the car. All I know about the car is what you see listed above.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been informed that since there have been no responses to this ad, the car is going to be sold for scrap. Such a shame if someone can't come forward and get this car so that valuable parts can be salvaged.

Scrap value is what, $500-$600?

I'd hop on it in a heartbeat for that if it were closer, but i'm 300 miles away.

So jump on a Greyhound Friday after work and drive her home Saturday. A two door deuce and a quawta w/rebuilt engine and transmission at this price, SOMEBODY needs to grab it.(IF it's not eat up with rust that is)

Edited by MrEarl
to qualify my statement re rust (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I just talked to Dennis. It is still for sale. He took my name and address and will forward photos. Word to the wise: Dennis is a nice fellow but likes to talk and talk and talk. Which is OK, just be forewarned.

This is basically a one family/one owner car that needs full body restoration. Although it has had many mechanical items rebuilt or replaced, the "chassis" has 240,000 miles on it.

It is worth more as parts then a car. It sounds very rusty. The power window motors were replaced, for instance, due to rust.

My image was $500 car, but obviously parts wise, it's worth maybe $1000 or more. Sounds like the interior is nice but still 240,000 miles has to tak eit's toll on circa 1974 upholstery and 2 door door panels.

I will probably pass. Here again though is a great introduction to the hobby. Drive it for what it is, buy a different car to restore and this one will probably last anoher several years to get you to BCA events. I won't laugh that's for sure, I love the 63 to 80's Electras in any shape.

• 10 months later...

I was just contacted by the seller who told me that he would like to relist the car for sale. He ended up keeping it rather than selling it for scrap. He said he put on new rear tires and is now asking $1300 for the car. I'm sure this will make a good car for someone.