1925 Buick Wood Spoke Wheels ???

DavidP

I've been looking at an ad for " 1925 Buick Wood Spoke Wheels " in my area, and wonder if anyone has seen any 'Buick' wheels that look like these ???

First Pic - claims to be two 1925 Buick Wood Spoke Wheels ??

Second Pic - is a download online of the correct 1925 Buick Wood Spoke Wheels ...

They must have a Buick Logo on the cap ... but they're 15" balloon style tires ... so they would have to be 1925 or later ... if they are even from a Buick :confused:

Much too heavy for a car, but did Buick have a comercial chassis that would of used these heavy wooden wheels ?

I was wondering what they are, or if they were worth anything, as they would probably look good as wall art if I can pick them up cheap enough ... :rolleyes:

post-48021-143138173292_thumb.jpg

post-48021-143138173295_thumb.jpg

I don't think those would be '29 artillery wheels. I'll attach a bit more of a close up photo of one. The one photo is of the wheel in the sidemount and has a cover...the other photo is the same wheel "naked".

For one, those hub caps are older than '29 - by '29 they were round. From talking to a fellow who makes wheel pullers, Buick used a wide variety of threads and hub sizes, so the odds are good you wouldn't get an older hub cap onto a '29 wheel.

post-32068-143138175144_thumb.jpg

post-32068-143138175404_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Ciao a tutti.

I'm Italian, I've a Buick Standard 6 Touring (25-6-25x).

I've a problem with the omologation with my car for trouble with the tires.

The tires the car has are 5.00 x 22 mounted in wood Spoke Wheels. Now they don't exists anymore.

Anyone knows what I can mount?

The original number is 31x4,95 !!!???

Best regards

seviane,you can use 6.00x22 I have that on my 1925-6-25 sins 1970,Coker tire have them and other tire shop have them too.

Leif in Sweden.

Thank you, thank you very much Leif,

I've seen you have a Buick in some forums.

I've seen too, Cocker Tire and his answer was that he doesn't know what kind of tire I need.

Now I'm happy after your answer but the Italian regulamentation about tires is very strictly to the original and you can't mount a different size.

I've changed the papers today before immatricolate the car so I've my original size 6,00x22 ;-))) thanks again

Seba

Maybe the only Buick part of the wheels for sale are the hubcaps. Are you sure they are 15s? They look more like 18s - someone may have read the size on the old tyres incorrectly as it would not be very clear. I don't know what the wheels are but several makers used 18s in the 1928-31 period.

Hello there,

Please, anyone knows how is the front floor of my Buick 1925-6-25x (tourer) that now it's in natural wood?

Maybe with gummy carpets and aluminium profiles like some pictures of the original brochure?

I'm a new user (italian) and please use patience if I'm not so practical...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All: Had a 1925 Buick Standard and had made two new detachable rims for the tires. They are so easy to work with and a tire can be changed in less than 5 minutes. Anyone interested. When Buick bought the car for their collection they wanted only the originals so I still have the two made by Coker Tire in their machine shop. They come with two new tires mounted on the rims. Let me know if you are interested and I will send pictures. Contact me at brooker50158@hotmail.com Patrick W. Brooks:)

Edited by Patrick W. Brooks
Forgot to mention they still have two new tires mounted on them. (see edit history)

• 3 years later...
Hello All: Had a 1925 Buick Standard and had made two new detachable rims for the tires. They are so easy to work with and a tire can be changed in less than 5 minutes. Anyone interested. When Buick bought the car for their collection they wanted only the originals so I still have the two made by Coker Tire in their machine shop. They come with two new tires mounted on the rims. Let me know if you are interested and I will send pictures. Contact me at brooker50158@hotmail.com Patrick W. Brooks:)

Hello Mr. Brooks,do you still have the Buick Standard 1925 detachable rims?