37-38 chev. tail light stand

Guest 42guys

Guys Here's a pic. of a couple 37-38 chev. tail light stands. The one on the bottom is like all the millions of these we see at swap meets, however I've never seen anything like the top one. I'm wondering what model it fits? I'm thinking something with a bigger than average trunk space? or something exotic like a 4 door phaeton? or possibly some export models? or??? Does anyone know?

post-36237-143138171641_thumb.jpg

Dave: Thanks for the info, and the pickup picture, but the angle of the body mount end looks the same as the long one. The shorty has a less severe angle, and looks like it mounts to a flatter surface, like right against the trunk?...Mike

This is for the left side of a left hand drive '37-38 Chev "flatback" coach or sedan (the style with the spare on the rear outside). Export models (if RHD) had the license tag provision on the right side.

I don't think these are reproduced, so it should have number 595569 cast on the inside.

Tom: Thanks for your input. I looked the thing over from stem to stern, though, and could find no numbers of any kind. Just the letters L.H....Mike

• 4 years later...
Guest 37chevyguy

Mike

The top one is for a 1937 and a 1938 Chevy that some call a slant back sedan and mounts on the driver side .

I am looking for the passenger side bracket for my 1937 Chevy slant back

Bernie