"RARE" 1967 GS Convert. IVORY on IVORY

Guest TUFBUICK

Guest TUFBUICK

1967 GS 400 'vert (rare) Ivory on Ivory w/two motors.

I am putting my son-in-laws 1967 Gran Sport 400 Convertible up for sale for him.

This car has been in storage in a heated garage for almost two years and now it’s time for someone else to enjoy it.

I’m pretty sure he’s owned for about 8 years and it has seen very little use only because he has a 69 GS and a 65 Gran Sport and was building a house. Within that time frame two sons were also born. Little time to play.

You are looking at a very rare combination, Ivory with matching Ivory interior bucket seat with console convertible. This car currently features a Bruno DiPaola built 455” motor, the original (I think numbers matching 400”) with Star Wars air cleaner will be included in the sale. That’s right, you get two running motors with this sale.

Last Sunday I put a jump pack on the battery, cranked it for about a minute, (to get oil flowing) pumped it three times and Walla it started right up. While I was watching it run I thought, what the hell,

so I took it out for a ride in the countryside of the Hamptons. What a nice car this is. The motor is real strong with no issues at all. The tranny will chirp the tires in all gears and the car does everything it is supposed to do. Out in the land of Lamborghinis and Ferraris this car turns heads.

Now that you know the car runs good let’s talk about condition of the car. It is a beautiful reliable original 1967 Gran Sport convertible that will take you wherever you want to go.

This car is in need of some TLC that won’t keep you off the road or break the bank. The body is in real good shape with only one minor dent on the right front fender (an easy fix). The rest of the car appears to be rust free. A small area of paint chip came off by the right rear bumper and surface rust is just starting. (sand and paint and that’s done). Right rear lower quarter behind wheel is starting to paint blister. (can only be seen in certain sunlight). Exterior wise if this minor stuff is addressed now it shouldn’t get any worse.

The convertible top is in great shape inside and out (no rips or tears) and functions just fine. Rear window is also in excellent condition. One of the hydraulic hoses needs to be replaced (it leaks). Factory boot in Ivory and storage bag are included.

The interior is all original Ivory (rare). Everything is there. All trim and plaques are in good shape. It will need a good scrubbing to bring out the color but it is definitely useable. The drivers seat needs a new cover and the passenger seat should be done to match. Carpet is useable.

This is a car that needs the attention of a Buick guy to bring it up to it’s potential.

There are no surprises with this one. You can drive it and enjoy it while you tend to the little things. I am giving the Buick community first shot at this rare car before it goes on E-Bay. Cars like this one are hard to find and you’ll be getting two motors in the deal.

We are asking $16,000 for the package, and let’s not forget…..it’s a convertible.

I can be reached at my cell# 347-262-6614.

Enjoy the pictures….and I didn’t even clean it !!!

post-65263-14313816805_thumb.jpg

post-65263-143138168055_thumb.jpg

post-65263-14313816806_thumb.jpg

post-65263-143138168064_thumb.jpg

post-65263-143138168068_thumb.jpg

post-65263-143138168072_thumb.jpg

post-65263-143138168075_thumb.jpg

post-65263-143138168079_thumb.jpg

post-65263-143138168083_thumb.jpg

post-65263-143138168087_thumb.jpg

Edited by TUFBUICK (see edit history)