alert 89 washer low

rjfranken

Well add washer fluid.

If it is warning you every few minutes use up more washer fluid.

You're probably right on the usage-edge so the alert keeps getting cycled as the fluid level moves around with vehicle motion making the car alert you each time the threshold is crossed.

But again I'd just fill up the washer fluid tank and be done with it.

Well yes, just not right now. I was hoping for a more direct approach in telling "the car" and other warnings (like EO26) to "Pipe down, I know your there"! It drives the wife crazy listening to the constant beep; she almost doesn't want the other 89 I got for her. I've been after that EO26 for months.

Thanks

Bob

Edited by rjfranken (see edit history)

I just addes a time delay drop out to the circuit. This allows the circuit to trigger but not until the fluid is been low for a set amount of time. I use 20 seconds. This allows the warning to work, but insures it is really low and not at the sloshing point. It did cost about $20 dollars to do.

Is it an actual level sensor or contacts ? If contacts you may need to add a conductive solution. On the MGR there is a low water level sensor in the little resovoir. Adding distilled water does not turn off warning until coolant gets a chance to mix. (Pint of H2O added to a 50-50 mix is not going to hurt anything, need to mix up my own 50-50, gal of the real stuff plus gal of distilled is considerable cheaper than that premix)

I just addes a time delay drop out to the circuit. This allows the circuit to trigger but not until the fluid is been low for a set amount of time. I use 20 seconds. This allows the warning to work, but insures it is really low and not at the sloshing point. It did cost about $20 dollars to do.

uhm? did you not see the solution? By doing ths you only see the warming one time after the car has been started. A lot better than every time you accelerate or brake.

uhm? did you not see the solution? By doing ths you only see the warming one time after the car has been started. A lot better than every time you accelerate or brake.

Yes, I saw YOUR solution. If that is the road you decided to take, I cannot be critical, it's what you wanted to do. I still prefer to do my P M every 2 weeks, checking and adding fluids as needed. By so doing, I never am bothered by the warning screen & beeping, haven't had to screw around with the wiring, and have saved enough $$$ to spend an afternoon watching sports at the pub. I believe the phrase is: "Whatever floats your boat", or something to that effect...... Jim