1936 Chrysler Airflow going for Auction

Guest dfdarkknight

Guest dfdarkknight

Ok so I'm in the process of putting this up for auction. I've taken the pictures and now i have the questions.

I know is a 1936 Chrysler Airflow, does anybody else know what type it is by looking at the pictures? exp..C9?

Also what are the important things to show and describe when it comes to these vehicles? I know the vehicle starts, but nothing happens when you try to roll or when you press the gas. I think theres no conection with the transmission. Some of the parts are not in the pictures, but i have them, like the grill and door handles.

Its in Los Angeles, CA

I wan to post it next week.

post-65861-143138160284_thumb.jpg

post-65861-143138160289_thumb.jpg

post-65861-143138160302_thumb.jpg

post-65861-143138160308_thumb.jpg

post-65861-143138160312_thumb.jpg

If I were selling it or buying it; here's my opinions:

That car looks VERY promising ..

People want to see pics of all the parts. They won't trust a seller that says: "I have the other parts". You can do 24 pics for cheap. Spend the small amount for LARGE pics, too.

Like what some said about the value of some certain Airflow parts like lights, grille, bumpers...make sure to take pics.

Look around for any signs that rust holes were fixed or not. If you are positive that it was a rot free car...talk that up a lot. Most people love rust free cars.

Are those new recovered seats and some new upholstery in there? If so, take pics and inventory what interior pieces still need redoing.

If you are going with a reserve, start it very low. That way people just start bidding for grins because they know there is a reserve. Bid counts look good to other serious bidders.

The only way I would run without reserve is to start it at the absolute bare minimum you can take. If it's low enough compared to what they think is market price, it may get some bidding going now that they know IT WILL sell to the highest bid. That's the only advantage of no- reserve in my opinion. Some won't bid too hot if the reserve is still not met on day 7.

Guest dfdarkknight

Thank you, that is great advice. I have more pictures I will add to the actual listing, now i'm just waiting on the paperwork stuff which the secondary owner needs to get on. The seat however are custom made, they dont even fit the vehicle well, but they need to go too.