Airflow Parts 4 Sale

Guest E74

I have a lot of Chrysler Airflow parts that are going to be unpacked, identified and sold this year, I am starting my Rod project '35 C-1 Coupe this year and most original parts will be available from that as well , also have '34 CV Town sedan 4 sale RHD , one of only two known to exist and 1938 shark nose supercharged Graham RHD, I am in Sydney Australia.

Darren Hill

I don't understand - where is the 3rd window on the grey primer car? Did someone remove the window and fill in? It looks like an Airflow sedan delivery.

I don't understand - where is the 3rd window on the grey primer car? Did someone remove the window and fill in? It looks like an Airflow sedan delivery.

Very rare cars indeed....made that way.

post-37352-143138160371_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138160376_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138160379_thumb.jpg

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

The '35 C1 Chrysler Airflow Coupe shared the same wheel base as the C1 Airflow Sedan, '34 CU Chrysler Airflow Sedan and Coupe and the '36 C9 Chrysler Sedan and Coupe (I have a C9 Coupe here in Australia).

The wheelbase on these models is less than that on the Imperial Airflow Sedans and Coupes throughout those years and furthermore on the last year run out in '37.

The '34 hood is specific to the '34's will not fit onto any other models

Many panels are interchangeable across the shorter wheel base Airflows and in some instances thesy are the same as those on the Imperial models.

The '34 Airflows offered 2 engine capacities of 298 and 323 cubes.

The 298 was discontinued in '34 and all other Airflows irrespective of the size had the 323 cube engine.

The exception to this being the limos which were 383 cube.

I concure with Darren Hill in that the '34 CV Chrysler Airflow Town Sedan is indeed rare and will be contacting him to discuss shortly.

Regards

John Spinks

Aussie C9 Coupe

telephone 03 5941 3829

email johnspinks@dodo.com.au

• 5 months later...
Guest PHIL63

I JUST BOUGHT A 4DOOR FROM MASS 40 YEARS DRY STORAGE THE CAR IS COMPLETE EXCEPT FOR THE REAR TAILIGHTS I WOULD REALY LIKE TO HERE FROM YOU IF MIGHT POSSIBLEY HAVE THEM THANKS GARY-32@COMCAST.NET OR 1-413-222-1054 CELL;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bill-W
And a last attempt for this body style for '35...may have been a revised '34.

Yes, it is a revised 1934. Note the mutli-barred bumper and the three horizontal vents on the side of the hood. 1935 models had a one piece bumper along with a chromed piece covering the hood side vent.

British-assembled Airflows used a British serial number along with the U.S. number. Leftover 1934 Airflows were sold as 1935 models and had the 1935 Engineering Dept. letter (L) added to the prefix. And leftover 1934 and 1935 models were sold as 1936 models with the letter "M" added to the prefix.

Nothing left over for 1937, apparently.

That 1935 CV Town Sedan appears to have been customized. The space between the rear door and rear fender is a few inches more than production, as is length of the space from rear window on the door to the rear of the car.

The Paint Code, 413, is for Salon Brown Metallic, a kind of chocolate colour. Wheels were done in brown. At least that was the scheme from the factory.

Should also point out that the Airflow coupes (the ones on the 123" wheelbase) shared their bodies with the DeSoto Airflow. The DeSoto/Chrysler coupes had a one-piece rear quarter window while the longer Imperial Airflow coupes had a two-piece rear quarter window.

Bill

Vancouver, BC

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Bill W,

I have just only read your comments regarding the CV Town Sedan and feel it necessary to advise the following:

1, The Town Sedan has not been customized in anyway shape or form. All CV Sedans were longer than the CU style Sedan and Chrysler achieved this increase in length by extending the body aft of the rear door pillar.

This therefore allowed the CV rear doors to extend straight down from the hinges on the pillar and not curve out around the front of the rear fender as they do on the CU.

2. The shorter wheel base Airflow Coupes, namely CU, C1 & C9, did come with a fixed piece of rear side glass and an openable side rear quarter vent window.

Regards

John Spinks

Aussie C9 Coupe

Guest Bill-W
Bill W,

I have just only read your comments regarding the CV Town Sedan and feel it necessary to advise the following:

1, The Town Sedan has not been customized in anyway shape or form. All CV Sedans were longer than the CU style Sedan and Chrysler achieved this increase in length by extending the body aft of the rear door pillar.

This therefore allowed the CV rear doors to extend straight down from the hinges on the pillar and not curve out around the front of the rear fender as they do on the CU.

2. The shorter wheel base Airflow Coupes, namely CU, C1 & C9, did come with a fixed piece of rear side glass and an openable side rear quarter vent window.

Regards

John Spinks

Aussie C9 Coupe

You're right about the coupe windows. The shorter models had a shorter stationary section. I got them confused with the sedans which did use a one-piece quarter window on the short models (115.5" wheelbase 6's - CY, SE, SG, S2 and 123" wheelbase 8's - CU, C1, C9) and a two-piece unit on the longer bodies (Imperial - 128" - CV, C2, C10, C17 and Custom Imperial - 137.5" - CX, C3, C11). Have to stop relying on my memory.

The extra length for the Imperial Airflow models was done by pushing the rear axle back and straightening out the dog leg on the rear doors basically the front doors). Thus the Imperial's wheelbase was increased to 128". To keep the same alignment between the rear of the body and the fenders, the rear quarter windows were lengthened.

But this CV has a longer space between the rear door and rear fender. And the rear door itself is longer. It should be the same length as the front door.

The Custom Imperial (CX) models had the extra 9.5" in wheelbase done by using the longer coupe door shells as a base for the front doors. No Custom Imperial coupe models, as a result.

So this CV has been customized at sometime.

Bill

Vancouver, BC