A mystery truck from Finland

Juha Paavo Kaita

Hi!

For a change I enclose a old photo of a truck. As you see this is pre Greyhound etc. time. If there was a truck in a area it was used to carry folks to summer festivals etc.

At the moment I don´t have any idea of the make, model or make of the year of this solid rubber tire truck. I tried Kissel, Pierce Arrow, N.A.G., MAN with no luck. Any information or glue is greatly appreciiated.

Juha

Turku, Finland

post-31714-14313815884_thumb.jpg

Most trucks from that era were US or German made. We had one of the bloodiest civil wars in Europe in 1918. There were two sides; white and red. German army came to help the white goverment which was headed by Mannerheim. The army brought with them German trucks. These trucks were used by our army or sold to civilians later on. In 1926 there was little over 40 different makes of trucks in registery in Turku area.

Did they make truck with steering on the right side of the chassis in US during 1910´s or early 1920´s? This truck was in use in Loimaa area. I can try to ask if any have any clue of the make of the truck.

Juha Kaitanen

Turku Finland