BCA BOARD ELECTION TIME

RICK YOUNG

It's the time of year when we ask for volunteers to run for the Buick Club of America Board of Directors.

requirements would be as follows but not limited to;

* A passion for Classic Buicks

* Be able to have daily access to email. As most correspeneces are sent that way.

* The financial capabilities to invest time daily for communicating and travel to a National event once a year.

* Be willing to serve on committees to support BCA activities.

You will need to get a Bio and Picture to Pete @ the Bugle by Jan 21, 2010

His contact info is inside the front page of the Bugle.

Sorry for the short notice. I'll take the blame for not getting this out sooner.

Edited by RICK YOUNG (see edit history)

Also for those for those of you that are worried about the time commitment (which was mine concern before running) It's really not a large time commitment at all. AS Rick mentions you have to attend the National Meet.

Also there is more information about the BOD position responsibilities and benefits in the By laws published in the back of the roster (page 252 and 258 of the 2008 roster).

Hi,

I was privileged to serve on the BCA Board of Directors from 1999 thru 2003.

If: 1) you love Buicks, and 2) you would enjoy serving the membership of a great antique car club, and, 3) you have the time and resources to be totally involved in the day-to-day "management" of the BCA, then this is the gig for you!

Truthfully, it was NOT that time-consumming at all. The age of email and conference calls has made a big difference. And, as a huge bonus, the long-lasting friendships you'll develope will be priceless.

Therefore, I urge you (if you're sitting on the fence) to jump into the BCA waters and run for the National Board of Directors. It's hugely rewarding!

Just a voice from the past,

Bob Leets :)

Flint, MI