Chevy Air Cleaner- Circa 1968

Guest philipswanson

Guest philipswanson

I have a Chevy/Chevelle air filter housing with an AC tag on it which identifies it as P/N 6484227. Can anyone tell me the application for this air cleaner?

Thanks, Phil Swanson

Guest philipswanson

I don't have any pictures, its one I wanted to buy. Its definitly for a BBC 396 quadrajet but there are many. Want to see just what car it is for. I am looking for a part number database.

Thanks, Phil Swanson

the ac decal will not necessarily tell you what the air cleaner application is as several car lines (ie Chevelle & Impala) may have used the same air cleaner but used different decals ... I hope I didn't confuse that for you. What year vehicle? I have a couple of parts books, but I am not sure AC decals are in the Chevy books

Edited by Jim Rohn (see edit history)

Guest philipswanson

I am looking to buy one for a 68 SS 396 with autmatic (different than manual tranny). You did not confuse me because I know the part numbers are different between the Impala and the Chevelle in 68. The Impala air cleaner is identical to the Chevelle except for the fact that the Chevelle has a chrome lid, hence a different part number. I just want to see what this part number is for.

Thanks, Phil

I am looking to buy one for a 68 SS 396 with autmatic (different than manual tranny). You did not confuse me because I know the part numbers are different between the Impala and the Chevelle in 68. The Impala air cleaner is identical to the Chevelle except for the fact that the Chevelle has a chrome lid, hence a different part number. I just want to see what this part number is for.

Thanks, Phil

I guess that was my point ... the bases are the same and the lids are the same, just one is plated

Edited by Jim Rohn (see edit history)

Guest philipswanson

Jim,

I think that is exactly right but the 68 is unique for that year and the base air cleaner would be used in other car lines as long as it was an automatic with the 325 HP 396.

Thanks, Phil