HELP! Need 1930-31 hubcaps WITHOUT Ford script in middle. Leads?

George Albright

I have been messing with Model A Fords for a bunch of years. I have seen some aftermarket that were marked "Fool" in a very Ford appearing Script, but I have never seen any with no markings.

The only idea that I have would be to contact Vintique and ask them if they can make you a set without the striking the center die to stamp the Ford Script. Other than that, it is going to be expensive getting a set custom made or else getting a set modified and then rechromed.

If someone finds a supplier for these I would be interested in a set as well. I have a friend with a DB that has 30-31 A wheels on it and I would like to find him a set of "no name" caps. Shhhh! John, don't tell the DB guys! :D

If someone finds a supplier for these I would be interested in a set as well. I have a friend with a DB that has 30-31 A wheels on it and I would like to find him a set of "no name" caps. Shhhh! John, don't tell the DB guys! :D

As Schultz on Hogan's Heroes would say, "I know nothink".

I think Vintique still imports their stuff, but I could be wrong. So getting them to do that may be tough. I do know that A&L parts here in Canton, CT manufactures repro 30-31 hubcaps; and they supply many of the bigger repro guys. I even think they do a couple of grades, driver and show. Al Lepore is the owner, and a nice guy. I would assume someone serious may be able to talk Al into doing these, although I also know they don't make parts to order, but run them in production batches. That said, he seems to sell a lot of those hubcaps, and I wouldn't be surprised if the tooling is just sitting there all set up.

An alternate option would be a repro guy like Drake or Carpenter, I think at least one has a line of hubcaps that are plain - this I know for the '35 16" wheels, not so sure on the 19"s but I would check there as well.

George, love the speedster - very little you could do to improve it but BW tires and if you can find the smooth hubcaps will.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

• 4 years later...
Guest AHOOGA A & T

We may be able to help you if you are still looking for someone that can make you the Ford, Model A, plain, no script Hub Caps.

We make the Show Quality Hub Caps and we can run some without the script if you like. Let us know and the next time we run them we can keep them out of the script dies.

Our Contact Information is:

AHOOGA A & T

310 Conover Dr.

Franklin, Ohio 45005

937-746-7105 PH

937-746-7106 FAX

info@ahoogaparts.com

And our web site is www.ahoogaparts.com