1940 Buick Super Four Door Convertible of the Brandon Family

Guest 40 Buick 51c

Guest 40 Buick 51c

This Buick has been in my family for 40 years. I can remember going with my Dad to pick it up when he bought it ( I was 17). This was one of three cars that were available for me to drive to school in my Senior Year, the other two were a 1965 Mustang and a 1959 Nash Metropolitan. My dad later started buying estate wagons. Now at 85 he has decided that he can't work on them any more and he is passing them on to my sisters and me. So I am now the proud owner of this Buick 51-C. My dad is hanging on to his 1994 Buick Estate wagon and has given his 1996 Buick Estate Wagon to my sister. I also got my Grandfathers 1949 Dodge B-1-B Pickup. I was trying to upload some pictures, but I think the files are too big, will try again later. Have really enjoyed reading the threads posted here and learning more about restoring these classics. I also joined the BCA but have not received my membership nr yet. Is there a directory of members for the BCA?

Darryll

Welcome to the Club. Great car, and can't wait to see the pics. As for a roster, the last one was produced several years ago. I don't think you will get one but I may be wrong. I thought I read a new one was being contemplated. The Monthly magazine will have a listing of the local Chapters. Check to see if any are convenient to your location and contact them. They may be able to scrounge up an old edition or at least provide you with the data you desire.

Again

Daryll, you have a beautiful car.

I believe It did not come with running boards.It may have had accessory toe kick plates right below the doors. It should have a trim moulding on the rocker front to back and the standard door opening in the back is also correct. If you want to send me an email address, I'll email you photos of my fathers 1940 71c which is very similar.

Louie

Guest 40 Buick 51c

Actually it's a matter of history. My dad and I always worked on the car together and my sisters know my love of the car. Also, when my mother passed away they got first pick of her jewelry. In 2007 I retired and moved to Northwest Arkansas to reconnect with my family after 20 years in the military and 18 years in San Antonio, Tx. Now I have the time and money to work on bringing it back to driving condition and eventually restoration. However I do feel extremely lucky.

Regards