1932 Ford Tow Truck at Petersen Museum - Need pics!

SIRAACA_Editor

The photo below was taken in 1977. It's my dad's 1932 Ford Model B tow truck, which he restored at that time and used in many local parades and car shows. He sold it in the early 1980's at the Auction in Atlantic City, and the truck made its way to California with its new owner. Unfortunately, all this took place before I learned how to drive.

I've been told that the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles has a 1932 Ford tow truck in a street scene display, and that it may be my dad's old truck. Most notable are the brass foot rails that dad used along the sides of the boom area. He got them from a bar supply store, so they're not really automotive in origin. If the Petersen truck has the same rear set up with these rails, I'm betting it's the same truck.

If anyone has pictures of this truck, please post them or forward them to me via e-mail (parena2@si.rr.com). Thank you...

post-56358-143138149751_thumb.jpg

If it is in fact the same truck why not CALL THE PETERSEN??????????????? That is close to the standard color sceme of all the AAA of Southern California vehicles at that time. It is one of the finest collections in the counrty, NOT going out of business but used as a site for car auctions from time to time. Merry Christmas!

If it is in fact the same truck why not CALL THE PETERSEN??????????????? That is close to the standard color sceme of all the AAA of Southern California vehicles at that time. It is one of the finest collections in the counrty, NOT going out of business but used as a site for car auctions from time to time. Merry Christmas!

All of the photos of AAA vehicles I have seen of that era show the vehicles painted white.