1934 Chrysler and Desoto Airflow door the same?

Guest t121

Hi

Are the doors of a 1934 Chrysler Airflow interchangeable with the doors of a 1934 Desoto Airflow?

I have a Canadian Chrysler Airflow CY which I am told is the same as a Desoto except for some badges and I need to replace the doors and want to know if the Chrysler Airflow ones in the US fit and are the same as the US Desoto doors. They look the same in the photographs but I can't tell forsure.

Can someone tell me what else is different or the same between US built 1934 Desoto Airflows and 1934 US built Chrysler Airflows. Is there many interchangable parts?

Thanks for you help

Guest Kevin Baert

Hi get back to me I know where there's another CY for sale, would make an excellent parts car and maybe we could share some bits.

Found it...1934 Desoto same from firewall back as Chrysler verion...just shorter infront since 6 cylinder instead of 8 cylinders...so doors will work.

Found it...1934 Desoto same from firewall back as Chrysler verion...just shorter infront since 6 cylinder instead of 8 cylinders...so doors will work.

The front sedan doors of the Airflow DeSoto 6 (SE), Chrysler 6 (CY), Chrysler 8 (CU) and Chrysler Imperial 8 (CV) will all interchange.

The rear doors of all but the Imperial models will interchange as well. The Imperial 8`s rear doors were also used on the Custom Imperial 8 (CX) while the front doors of the CX are basically the coupe doors.

The Imperial 8 extended the wheelbase in the rear seat area and thus removed the dog leg on the rear doors. They basically used the front doors on the rear. Also the rear quarter window is longer on the Imperial and is two-piece.

Should also point out that the instrument panel on the CY is the same as used on the 8-cylinder Chryslers, and not the DeSoto.

You have a very rare Airflow there, made only in Canada and only in 1934. The CY came in three models -

2-door 5-pass coupe : 37

2-door sedan : 9

4-door sedan : 399

Does your car have a tag on the firewall with the following info.

Model No

Body No

Paint Code

Trim Code

Bill

Vancouver, BC

Thanks for the info Bill

I have a plate on the firewall on the drivers side and it says

Body Number

Model CY 4 SED

Then there is a rusty plate on the passanger side and all I can make out so far is

Chrysler Corporation

Made In Canada

Thanks

Todd

• 5 months later...
Guest rick gray

HELLO I also own a 1934 aiflow model cy. any leads on parts would sure help. have some parts to trade or?

Guest Bill-W
Thanks for the info Bill

I have a plate on the firewall on the drivers side and it says

Body Number

Model CY 4 SED

Then there is a rusty plate on the passanger side and all I can make out so far is

Chrysler Corporation

Made In Canada

Thanks

Todd

Your car is the 74th of the 399 4-door CY sedans built. Rather early in the model year.

The rusty plate is probably the trademark plate attached to all Chrysler Corporation cars from the early 1930's to the late 1950's. The early 1930's versions had Plymouth Motor Corporation, Dodge Brothers Corporation, DeSoto Motor Corporation and Chrysler Corporation. They were all later changed to "Plymouth Division of Chrysler Corporation", etc. Canadian cars had Chrysler Corporation of Canada Limited,

I have a copy of the Canadian 1934 Chrysler parts catalogue, printed June, 1935. It covers all Chrysler models - CA, CB, CY, CU, CV plus small sections on the CX and CW.

Bill

Vancouver, BC