What is it?

Guest wmw

I believe this jack is the one that came with my 53 Effie but not sure. I am trying to find out what tools came with the truck when it was bought new?

post-65137-143138147567_thumb.jpg

Should look similar to this.

50s.jpg

There are some variations but they are all close. There is a hole in the back corner not showing in the picture that a thumb screw goes in to bolt to the floor behind the seat on the passenger side. Ford used similar looking Jacks for years. The one in my 2000 F250 is almost the same with a small knob to turn by hand till it gets up to the hight you want.

Here is the old and new side by side.

New-Old.jpg

53 "Effie" ??

1953 Ford F100 Deluxe Pickup. I have not been able to locate the jack and tools used to change the tires that came with the vehicle. I did find the above screw type jack but some think the screw type was for the 1930 Model touring car or the 30 model Roadster with the rumble seat my realative had. I was attempting to find a jack and tools in order to make sure the truck was complete when I sell it. Thanks

Your right I think your jack is earlier, probably 20s or 30s. The jack I show is fairly easy to find at flea markets. If you just want it complete to sell and don't care if if is correct for show I would got to a wrecking yard and tell them you want a Ford truck jack and see what they come up with. The original jack had a folding crank (sory I didn't take a picture). Even the one I show from my 2000 would work fine. Add a cross bar lug wrench or a regular lug wrench of the right size, also available cheap from wrecking yard and your done. If you really want the right ones contact Lin Stacey <linstacey@sbcglobal.net>, he sells individual and complete tool sets for Ford trucks and cars including a repo of the tool pouch. The base kit for my 1950 F1 is a little over $200 plus shipping.

Your right I think your jack is earlier, probably 20s or 30s. The jack I show is fairly easy to find at flea markets. If you just want it complete to sell and don't care if if is correct for show I would got to a wrecking yard and tell them you want a Ford truck jack and see what they come up with. The original jack had a folding crank (sory I didn't take a picture). Even the one I show from my 2000 would work fine. Add a cross bar lug wrench or a regular lug wrench of the right size, also available cheap from wrecking yard and your done. If you really want the right ones contact Lin Stacey <LINSTACEY@SBCGLOBAL.NET>, he sells individual and complete tool sets for Ford trucks and cars including a repo of the tool pouch. The base kit for my 1950 F1 is a little over $200 plus shipping.

Thanks. This is what I needed to know. Merry Christmas

The jack in the first picture looks like the one brought out late in the Model T Ford era for the TT Truck and was most likely carried into the AA Trucks. A fairly common jack, but the correct handle is harder to find.

Thanks MP. My kin had this jack and an old looking pipe wrench with a couple of old looking closed end wrenches on a shelf for display in his garage. He had several antiques but no Model A or Ts, so I guess he could have picked this up somewhere. He had two 30 models, a two door with rumble seat and a four door. I was thinking it came with one of them. So, do you think this jack would even lift a 53 F100 off the ground?:)