1990 Maui Blue Sunroof Coupe $2,500

ol' yeller

Year:1990

Coupe: Y

Mileage:152,000

Considered Correct? (Y)

Title: Clear__Y_ Salvage____ Other___

Any Accident History? (None for me, previous unknown)

Asking Price: $2,500

Willing to take trade (N)

Exterior Color: Maui Blue

Interior Color: Dark Blue

Paint Original? (Y)

Paint Condition? (Very Good)

Belt & Bumper Molding Color: (Body Color)

Body Dents: (N)

Body Rust: (N)

Windshield Chipped or Cracked? (N)

Vent Glass Intact? (Y)

Rubber surround molding for windshield condition? (Very Good)

(Coupe only) Rubber surround molding for rear window condition? (Very Good)

Out Side Mirrors Intact? (Y)

Headlight Motors Function Correctly? (Y, Just repaired)

Tail Light Lens: (Clear/Cracked)

Interior Original? (Y)

16 Way Seats? (N)

Seat Condition? (Very Good)

Drivers interior door panel condition? (Good)

Passengers interior door panel condition? (Very Good)

Center console top armrest condition? (Very Good)

Door weather stripping condition? (Good)

Headliner Condition? (Excellent recent replacement)

Carpet Condition? (Fair)

Original Floor Mats: (Y)

Floor Mat Condition: (One very good, one poor)

Condition of Steering Wheel Leather (Poor)

Sun Roof? (Y)

Works? (Y)

Functional Keyless Entry? (N)

Both Remotes? (Y) I have 2 remotes, neither works. I suspect it is a remote battery problem

Problems with Electronic Dash items? (N)

Power Windows Work Correctly? (Y) Passenger side a little slow but will close completely with the door open

Power Seats Work Correctly? (Y)

Power Door Locks Work Correctly? (Y)

Power Antenna Work Correctly? (N) It just broke in the up position

Original Sound System? (Y/N) Original radio/cassette player but has an amp and subwoofers in the trunk.

Factory CD Player? (90-91 only) (Y)

Sound System Fully Functional? (N) CD player doesn’t work

Aftermarket Sound System Equipment? (Y)

If Y describe: See above

A/C Functional? (Y) Just replaced Compressor, Drier, and orifice tube and converted to R134A

Has the A/C been converted from R12 to R134A? (Y)

Does the suspension require any attention? (N)

Tire Brand: Toyo 16” siped

Remaining Tread: 85%

Are All Tires Matched? (Y)

Factory Wheels? (N)

If N describe the non stock wheel 2002 16” Buick Regal GS Chrome wheels in excellent condition

Any Brake Components Replaced? (N)

Last Time Brake System Was Flushed? March ‘09

Original Engine? (Y)

Original Engine Rebuilt? (N)

Does Engine require attention? (N)

When was last tune up? Prior to my purchase in September 2008

Does the engine, cooling system, power steering, or brake system leak any fluids? (N) Recently had the water pump replaced due to leaking

How often do you change the oil? Every 3,000 miles

Original Transmission? (Y)

Original Transmission Rebuilt? (N)

Does Transmission require attention? (N)

When was last Transmission Service? Prior to my purchase in September 2008

Any Transmission Leaks? (N)

Have CV joints been replaced? (N)

I have (some) receipts for this vehicle's service history.

I have all the receipts since my purchase in September 2008. None prior.

Does the car have the owners manual portfolio? No Owner’s Manual only

In General, What items need attention? Steering wheel recover and antenna repair

My Reatta Drives: (Excellent)

I am the 3<SUP>rd</SUP>? owner of this Reatta. Second owner had the car for 17 years

I have owned this Reatta for 1 Year and 4 Months.

Contact Me at 253-874-6390 prior to 8PM PST or email me at

gmpowersfam@comcast.net

This a very nice driving and looking car. It is priced appropriately for what it is. Some minor extra parts included along with factory service manual.<O:p</O:p<!-- google_ad_section_end --><O:p</O:p

Posting pictures here has always been an adventure for me. Hopefully this works. It shows 3 views of the car. They were taken at dusk and there was a mist or condensation that was very persistent. The side not shown was just overlooked. It is as nice or nicer than those pics shown. I can take more and better pics for interested parties. Thanks.

Greg

post-31031-143138145623_thumb.jpg

post-31031-143138145625_thumb.jpg

post-31031-143138145627_thumb.jpg

I drive the car almost daily but I have only put about 6,000 miles on it since I bought it a couple of years ago. It drives great.

I am 6'1" and I fit fine under the sunroof as long as I tilt the seat all the way back. At 6'4" it would probably be a tight fit. I'd suggest trying one out to see how you fit. It also would depend upon where you have your body length. If it is mostly in your legs it probably wouldn't be impossible. If you have it in your torso I doubt you'd fit. A sunroof is a concern for tall people, unless of course, if you can leave it open all the time......

mp67riv.

I have a '91 coupe with sunroof that my son who is 6'6" drives everyday and loves. I'm 6'3" and when I jump in to drive it, I'm reminded of an Indy car in that the seat is tilted way back and my arms are almost straight to reach the steering wheel.

Greg is being absolutely honest in pointing out the loss of an inch or so of headroom - you end up with a sitting position more like your Opel than your Riv or Electra . . . a small price to pay for the added smiles of a sunroof!

Thanks for all of the feedback. I will try to check out the Reatta I've seen for sale locally - just for size - the Maui Blue Reatta we're talking about looks much nicer. I have a factory sunroof in my Opel, and that one has always been great. I also had sunroofs in my 92 and 01 Bonnevilles that were not a problem for me. But I once owned a 97 Riviera with a sunroof, and the combination of lower ceiling clearance and the specific contours of the seat made it very difficult for me to get comfortable for anything other than short trips. That was a real bummer because I really liked the way the car looked and drove!

You might want to talk to Padget here on the forum. I seem to remember him making some comments on the forum a long time ago about headroom in the sunroof Reatta. I also seem to remember that he figured out how to lower the seat to get some more headroom. All of this information should be tempered by the fact that it is given from the memory of a 56 year old!

Greg,

I noticed your posting on the "what did you take your driving test in" post that your family had a 3 seat 65 sportwagon...we had one of those to! Ours was light blue metallic with the light blue vinyl interior. It had A/C, power windows, and power seats. I loved riding in the 3rd row seat as I was about 8 when we got that car in the summer of 1968. We kept it for about 5 years, even though it was in a horrible accident within the first two months that we had it. Though it should have been totaled, dad liked the car so much that he had it fixed. It did pretty good after the accident, but was never quite 100%.

Back to this subject line, I will try to contact Padget about his experience lowering the seat. Although your car doesnt have the 16 way power seat, does it have a lunbar adjustment?

Mike

My dad loved his '65 Sportwagon. He bought his new in '65. His had a tilt wheel, 3rd seat, roof rack, and power steering but that was about it for options. We had 6 kids in our family. We would go camping in the "Golden Streak" as Dad called it. We had 6 kids, all their junk, a huge Sears tent and an Irish Setter packed into that car. Dad got around 160,000 miles out of it even though he wasn't very fanatical about maintenence. The car was driven from Massachusettes to Seattle. From Seattle to Chicago and back and everywhere in between. When he passed away, we sold the car to someone who was going to use it as demo-derby car. We figured it was fitting way for the car to go. For those purists who are gasping at the tragedy, the car had been hammered in several accidents and was on its last legs anway. 3 kids learned to drive in that car.

Back to the Reatta, it doesn't have lumbar support, just the standard power seats.

Greg