50's Poodle Skirts and dresses

Guest Orphanauto

Guest Orphanauto

I am looking for a 50's poodle skirt dress for my wife and 9 year old daughter. We have a few 50's cars, and would love to dress up like that when we go out in the 53 kaiser next summer. Any ideas? I have seen some of the "cheap" ones, they look like a halloween costume, prefer a nice quaility set for my girls. Thanks..

• 1 year later...
Guest browniepetersen

The local material stores all have patterns for the various years of clothing. Not a big jump to make your own and they are more comfortable and fit better.

Guest Jim_Edwards
I am looking for a 50's poodle skirt dress for my wife and 9 year old daughter. We have a few 50's cars, and would love to dress up like that when we go out in the 53 kaiser next summer. Any ideas? I have seen some of the "cheap" ones, they look like a halloween costume, prefer a nice quaility set for my girls. Thanks..

Why the '53 Kaiser? It was before the poodle skirt craze, which I unfortunately remember very well. Take the Studebaker or Packard they are "poodle skirt appropriate." If you are going to dress your wife and daughter in that period get yourself some Pink and Black attire for guys that is appropriate for the same period. Maybe even a white sport coat to top things off.

I've been putting together a collection of '50s music for my eldest daughter's Exchange Club Party with a '50s theme. She's wearing a poodle skirt for the occasion.

Jim

• 11 months later...
Guest Orphanauto

Haha, Well Jim, the Kaiser would oonly be a few years old during the Poodle skirt years, haha. The 53 Kaiser is running good, and we take it out the most, thats why the Kaiser. Thanks Nancy, that was a great site to get them. I agree Brownie, I may try to make our own, I do my own auto upholstery, and my 10 year old daughter says she wants to be a "fashion designer", so, maybe this will be a good "father daughter " time teacher her how to sew, haha. Thanks everyone.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Mcgee

I shop on ModClothes.com, they have a great collection of vintage clothing and some fancy stuff like curtains and pillows etc. They are not really from 50s though, but that makes them cheaper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...