1935 Parts

Guest jmdelapp

Guest jmdelapp

I have just purchased a 1935 Airflow and along with it a tone of parts. Everything such as fenders, grills, hood ornaments, tie-rods, hub caps, tail ligh housings.

I will probably wish to make many of these items available to other airflow guys. I would like to possibly ascertain the value of some of these parts.

Where is a good market place for them? Of course there is always Ebay but thought I would rather start within the Airflow community.

Thanks for any guidance you might give.

The Airflow Club is a good club to join and once joined, any spare parts can be advertised in their publication. Be certain you don't need the parts in the future.

Airflow collectors (not necessarily Airflow Club members) are hoarders. It makes for an interesting community.

I would highly encourage you NOT to sell off the spare parts until after you ascertain what you might need for your car. Then consider trading.

If you are truly new to the Airflow 'scene' then you will find the old-guard Airflow Club members polite, helpful to a point but not inclusive. It's takes a while for them to warm to new owners.

ebay auctions are fun because it brings out the hoarders (as I mentioned not all are club members). There might be few bids then in the last minute some guy will bid and then another hoarder will outbid him in the last 5 seconds.

If you run enough auctions you will see the same hoarders over and over again. They have stacks of Airflow parts but they never sell. Maybe your purchase was made from one of these types of folks so what good does it ultimately do to hoard parts? You can't them with you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest PHIL63

IM LOOKING FOR AIRFLOW TAILIGHTS 35-36 I THINK THEY ARE THE SAME JUST BOUGHT A 4DOOR AIRFLOW IN MASS IN DRY STORAGE FOR FOURTY YEARS COMPLETE BUT MISSING TAILIGHTS THANKS PHIL63 GARY-32@COMCAST.NET OR CELL 1-413-222-1054 ;)

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I realize this is a fairly old post, but thought I would contact you anyway. I have a 35 C2 and I have a couple broken peices in my grill. Just wondering if you might have a grill, or possibly just some loose grill bars?

Thanks, Ed.