Clips on wheel for hubcap

ralphnof49

I think that these clips were used on all Ford cars in the 1930's. I have harvested several clips from some junk 1939 Ford wheels but I have run out and need to find some replacements too.

You might try some of the Obsolete Ford parts vendors like Sacramento Vintage Ford Parts, Dennis Carpenter, Mac's Auto, etc.

Good luck. Let us know what you find!

Guest DADDIO65

Let me dig through my parts, I think I have some of those... If not, I might be able to make some for you.... no promises, I'll look tonight. If I have some, they are yours my friend.... Daddio

Thanks, Abe. I did go to a neighbor whose collection of older vehicles is quite large. I found several types of clips on International, Chev and Chrysler products, but they are all a liitle different. I also checked with George Moir who supplies many old Ford products, but doesn't have clips. I checked the websites of several anitque Ford suppliers in the US with no luck, but will have to phone them. I also need to check with more Lincoln parts suppliers. I am hopeful that Daddio will find a few clips. I may try making a few if I can't locate some.

Ralph

Guest DADDIO65

NO GO ON THE CLIPS RALPH......

I checked everywhere and can't find them... I truly apologize!!! I even checked in the parts books I have, but still found nothing. Did you check with Merv Adkins in the sources area of the Lincoln Zephyr club site??? possible he cold help you. Again, I apologize for not finding them...

Ralph,

Just another thought, the old VW bugs had those clips and I replaced many of them back in the day. You might try a source for VW stuff and see what you can find. I wouldn't bother going to a VW dealer. I went there looking for fender welting and they looked at me like I had totally lost my mind.

Tom

Try this Ralph you may be able to make them work with a shim as they may be a tad short.

C16-111-115C - HUBCAP CLIP & RIVET KIT - 1 PER WHEEL BEETLE ...

Replace the missing or broken hub cap clips on your original VW steel wheels. ... The use of "VW" and the name Volkswagen, Beetle, Bug, Ghia, Karmann Ghia ...

www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C16-111-... - Similar

Here Are A Couple of Sites Pertaining to Hubcap Clips ; Make Sure You Enter the

Web Sites Exactly as posted !!

Chevs Of The 40s ( In the upper search area type in Hub Cap Clips )

Installing Hubcap Clips On 8 Lug Rims ( This is a Tutorial )

Ralph ; I have no Idea if the chevy wheel clips are the same as Your Lincoln.. since No-one seems to have the Correct clips I would spend the $1.50 and Order one and See if it would Possibly Work..Sometimes One has to improvise when "Original" is not avaiable !!

Guest V12Bill

The clips on the Lincoln wheels for the hubcaps are unique to Lincolns. The 36 to 39 Fords used a similar clip that will work but it is a little thiner. Fords older than 36 had a smaller center mounted hubcap with clibs on the hubcap. Fords after 39 had bumps on the outer center rim. If you find a Lincoln rim in bad shape at a swap meet, buy it for the clips. I tried to use brand x clips that looked the same, but the hole was in the wrong place and the clip is hardened spring steel and will not drill. I have a couple that I will bring to the Lancaster Swap Meet On Jan. 22-23.

V2Bill, thanks for the specific information on the Lincoln clips. Certainly, all teh clips on different vehicles I have seen are different and to be effective the clip needs to hold the hub cap at the right place. I am a long way from Lancaster, PA and won't be at the swap meet. I am interested in buying the clips that you have. My email is rbchristi@shaw.ca if you are interested in selling them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I know this post is 6 years old but am looking for Chrysler clips. Do you think your neighbor still has any?

Thanks, Abe. I did go to a neighbor whose collection of older vehicles is quite large. I found several types of clips on International, Chev and Chrysler products, but they are all a liitle different. I also checked with George Moir who supplies many old Ford products, but doesn't have clips. I checked the websites of several anitque Ford suppliers in the US with no luck, but will have to phone them. I also need to check with more Lincoln parts suppliers. I am hopeful that Daddio will find a few clips. I may try making a few if I can't locate some.

Ralph