abs pump elbow fitting

Guest mongeonman

The part number is 25528399 ( I double checked different places in the parts book)

Vintage Parts has it listed......... go to www.vpartsinc.com

Click on GM/Delco parts and put in the number above. Their phone number is 877 846 8243

I checked gmpartsdirect and they show it as a engine.........check with a GM dealer they might have some parts in stock......they probably cannot order it . They are under group 4.660

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mongeonman

I ordered one from `(compline) they made ne wait for a week before telling me they could not get it,then i ordered one from v partsinc, they say they have it in stock,i am waiting for them to contact me,for update.I called many bone yards in my area but they d ont have any cars that have the teves.I hope i get it!!!I went to a machine shop to get one machined and they charge 60.00 but they cant do the elbow ,it would have to be straight but i am not sure there is enough place to put the hose back in.

Here is a photo of the part in question........... maybe we need to get someone to make them,

if vintage parts runs out....then the supply is gone.

The gravity flow hose attaches to the end with the taper, the other end plugs into the pump housing.. there is an "O" ring on that end.

post-30596-143138146052_thumb.jpg

Guest mongeonman

This is the part i need,if i c ant get one is this one for sale?I will call the dealer today to ask if they can get the part.If i cant get one i will buy a complete unit,one day i will need some parts anyway.

Guest mongeonman

They never answered my e mail.The guy at the machine shop told me he coud not do an elbow but he could do a straigt one,i though gettin a brass or ss threaded elbow and machine the threaded part of it to match the original one,he said he could do that.

• 2 weeks later...

To remove the plastic elbow..........

You should see a dot of red paint on the side of the pump.

There is a small retaining clip that goes into a hole where the red paint is .......

Pull the pin and keep it.

Now carefully rotate the elbow to break it loose from the years of gunk.......

It will help if you spray some WD-40 on the joint and wipe off the gunk or use an old tooth brush to clean the area.

Once there is some lube on the hole, use a flat blade screwdriver and slip it behind the plastic fitting.......close to the bend..... now pull and turn at the same time.... the only thing holding it in is dirt and an "O" ring.