Old Chrysler chassis

Bob40

Hello again.I am helping a friend dispose of some old vehicles that for the most part in pretty rough shape.A couple of weeks ago I asked for help identifying a Buick and your great answers helped determine it was a 1929 Buick Model 50 Coupe.Today we move on to the car next to the Buick.Owner thought it was a Pontiac chassis but my research indicates it May be a Chrysler of '29-30 vintage.The only clue I have is the head on the engine says Silver Dome on it.I'll toss a couple pics up if that helps.Very long wheelbase.The chassis,like the Buick is in Minnesota near the Twin Cities and is for sale.I will be posting it in the for sale section and will also adjust the price on the Buick(downward) Thanks

post-52686-143138140298_thumb.jpg

post-52686-143138140301_thumb.jpg

Could be a Model 77 Chrysler of 1930...maybe. They had a 124.5" wheelbase and was 189.5" overall. The wheels look the same as on the car pictured and I believe by the looks of the fender braces that it is 1930 or 1931. With the engine number from the flat pad under the cylinder head on the front driver's side, I can possibly tell you what year the engine is.

post-37352-143138140303_thumb.jpg

Keiser, Is there a way to find out what year Chrysler went to the X frame?

The exposed cylinder walls on the block are correct for early Mopar engines. I think by the mid 30s they were not exposed? Anyways, it's a good indication that the motor may have never been swapped for a later engine.

• 2 years later...
Guest Mike 30 cj6

Hey out there, I have a 1930 cj6 roadster and am looking for a left front running board bracket. I saw this thread today. Any leads would be appreciated and if I can help anyone let me know. My car is nearly complete and origional.

Mike

Hi there, the engine number is CJ9157 with possibly a C to follow later.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

I think that "28 Chrysler" was referring to "partsdawg" about the number on the engine to determine if it is a 1930 engine.

Guest Mike 30 cj6

My engine also says silver dome and resembles the engine in Partsdawg's picture. Again I saw some running board brackets in the photo and got excited.

Still looking for that front driver's side running board bracket. Mine was ripped off many years ago by a rock or stump. It is twisted and in two pieces. I have some bad wood in the driver's side door pillar and I was hoping for a good bracket as a starting point to align that corner of the car.

Any help appreciated

Mike